Royal venture

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxrom

Reaction score
Hy,
-After 2 years of home improvement the 1986 royal venture project is back on the track.
-I teared all off to get it lighter (fearing and lugage wash a bit mashed)

-A little bit of Vmax DNA on the faux thank

-The fuel level float was unusable so i replace it with a non contact level float witch act the same as the Vmax fuel level sender, leaving 3.5 liter of gaz when gaz light goes on and fuel pomp goes off

:punk: just share :punk:

Attachments

• DSC00073.jpg
    DSC00073.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 60
  • faux-tank-1.jpg
    faux-tank-1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 54
  • level float-1.jpg
    level float-1.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 51
  • level float-3.jpg
    level float-3.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 46
:bang head: language barrier :bang head:

Attachments

• DSC00002.jpg
    DSC00002.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC00028.jpg
    DSC00028.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC00011.jpg
    DSC00011.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 48
  • maxfront1.jpg
    maxfront1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC00005.jpg
    DSC00005.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 45
I bought for $350 an 83 with 17,000 miles or so on it, fully dressed Venture Royale, it was in a garage fire, no actual fire on bike but the complete right side of bike was melted from a droopy windshield, the right front fairing, the right saddlebag, trunk, tailight and some minor damage to the left saddlebag. No other engine damage but aluminum is pittted.
Was insurance totaled and left in a storage unit for 17 years in Alaska.
You could not smell a trace of gas in the pristine fuel tank, the cdi must have gotten water or foam in it but I lucked out getting another, nothing wrong with carbs, battery obviously was junk, ironically the hydraulic system was worst off, the clutch, master and slave, the front and rear brakes all had to be rebuilt as the brake fluids crystallized. It's runs great, currently all the body is off of it. Love the dash and gear indicator.
I bought most of the body parts for it but I sidelined it as I picked up other bikes. Then back in September I bought a running 85, runs not so great, body all there except for rear trunk, paid I think $1000 for it, it too is in storage in my bike shed.
After seeing this project you just gave me some ideas, I already have an awesome 89 Yamaha Venture Royale that I ride a lot, plus my 85 vmax, the fully dressed Venture Is a top heavy bike, but feels like a sports bike on the road.
I used to post on a Venture forum but now they want cash to post so I'm not currently on any Venture forums.

I bought for $350 an 83 with 17,000 miles or so on it, fully dressed Venture Royale, it was in a garage fire, no actual fire on bike but the complete right side of bike was melted from a droopy windshield, the right front fairing, the right saddlebag, trunk, tailight and some minor damage to the left saddlebag. No other engine damage but aluminum is pittted.
Was insurance totaled and left in a storage unit for 17 years in Alaska.
You could not smell a trace of gas in the pristine fuel tank, the cdi must have gotten water or foam in it but I lucked out getting another, nothing wrong with carbs, battery obviously was junk, ironically the hydraulic system was worst off, the clutch, master and slave, the front and rear brakes all had to be rebuilt as the brake fluids crystallized. It's runs great, currently all the body is off of it. Love the dash and gear indicator.
I bought most of the body parts for it but I sidelined it as I picked up other bikes. Then back in September I bought a running 85, runs not so great, body all there except for rear trunk, paid I think $1000 for it, it too is in storage in my bike shed.
After seeing this project you just gave me some ideas, I already have an awesome 89 Yamaha Venture Royale that I ride a lot, plus my 85 vmax, the fully dressed Venture Is a top heavy bike, but feels like a sports bike on the road.
I used to post on a Venture forum but now they want cash to post so I'm not currently on any Venture forums.

The Venturers Forum ; Yeha they want cash to register :damn angry:

If my project gave you some idea, well, go for it, if any info needed; just call
This project is to ride with my Lady

I have another one wich is going solo-bobber with lower frame :eusa_dance:

:punk:

Hy,
-After 2 years of home improvement the 1986 royal venture project is back on the track.
-I teared all off to get it lighter (fearing and lugage wash a bit mashed)

-A little bit of Vmax DNA on the faux thank

-The fuel level float was unusable so i replace it with a non contact level float witch act the same as the Vmax fuel level sender, leaving 3.5 liter of gaz when gaz light goes on and fuel pomp goes off

:punk: just share :punk:

That faux tank - I like :punk:

Back