Ruger 10/22 anybody?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosty72

Reaction score
So I've had this nice little 22 for about 8 years now and I've gotten a bug up my ass to do something with it.

Do any of you have this gun and what mods have you done?

Attachments

• DSC02102.jpg
    DSC02102.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 28
got the same one, but the basic model, light tan color, just use it for target practice and little critters that hang out the garden, sometimes. had a scope on it but that broke after about 6 years and never replaced it. got a couple of 25 round mags, way nicer then loading every 10.......

Do any of you have this gun and what mods have you done?

I got one, I put it together when I was stationed on St. Paul Island. It's a sweet tack driver.

Bell and Carlson adjustable odyssey stock
A/B Stainless Fluted target barrel
Volquartsen stabilizer
Volquartsen bolt buffer
volquartsen extractor
Jeweled target bolt
custom 2lb trigger group (volquartsen target hammer and other volquartsen parts.)
custom trigger
extended mag release
6-20 40mm scope w/sunshade
Anti-cant level

1022mf.jpg

I've had a 10/22 for over 40 years, great little gun. No mods, stock wooden barrel, and open sights. Still shoots as good today as it did back then.

Wow KJ, hell of a weapon!!

I guess I was thinking about some small stuff like the buffer, getting a trigger kit and extended mag release.

The stocks and barrels are a little more than I really want to spend now but, like an extended swing-arm, I will do it someday!!

I bought my 1st one back in '78. My army bud had one since'76 and had constantly shot it. After having mine for a year, I figured it was due a cleaning. I called up my friend to ask if he would show me how to tear it down. After making a 35 mile trip and sitting down at his kitchen table with the rifle, I handed it to him. It was at that time he told me he didn't know how to tear it down, that he never cleaned his. If it jammed, he just shot WD in it till it worked aok again. OK, I ended up figuring how to do it for myself, AND HIM. When I tore down his rifle, wherever there was not a moving part, there was sludge, packed to the hilt. This reminds me, when I go back to mid Ks on a Max ride this summer, I'll have to see if I need to clean it for him. Darn good guns, for sure. Get your 30 rd mags while you still can!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5WNKLRTr2Q

http://wn.com/Full_Auto_22_Tracers

LoL, sweet Mark! Remember, tracers may help with targeting but if you miss the enemy knows where you are. lol

Had mine for years too. great little gun, cant say anything bad about it myself. When I get done at the range with the big stuff, I like to cut the wooden target legs in half with the ruger :)

I've got 2, both tacticalized. One with a bull barrel and Nordic Components Dress Up Kit. Ruger now sells the 10/22 this way. The other has a collapsible stock, weighs about 4 pounds and it's my grandson's favorite. I got trapped into testing AR-22's a few years ago. So the 10/22's are at the back of one safe... They're really accurate little rifles....

Here is mine...had it for about 14 years now. Volquartzen bbl, and comp, Fajen stock, home made magazine release, wilson buffer (not made anymore oddly) handmade bolt handle, etc. Did my own trigger job, and painted the stock in the garage. I can hit the cap on a 20 oz. pop bottle at 250 yds repeatedly. The scope helps with that obviously, but a damn accurate gun to say the least.

Attachments

• oldblue2.jpg
    oldblue2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 25
  • oldblue3.jpg
    oldblue3.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 16
  • oldblue1.jpg
    oldblue1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 15
Another great looking gun! The painted stock is flashy.

Is the "trigger job" hard to do or as simple as the bolt release mod? I did the bolt release last night and that was almost too easy.

What does the buffer actually do?

Here's pictures of a couple I built before all the tactical stuff came out for them..

Attachments

• 10221.jpg
    10221.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 10222.jpg
    10222.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 20
The trigger job is a matter of replacing springs...not a big deal usually although I did some polishing to get it how I wanted it. The buffer replaces the bolt stop pin at the rear of your receiver and reduces wear and tear on the pin hole.

Thanks gundoc, I've been looking on other sites today and have found several different triggers, hammers, or sears. I've also seen a guy on ebay who does a polish job for the trigger group parts. Almost too many options.

I really like the Tapco T6 stock though, damn the internet!

I couldn't help myself, I went ahead and completely changed the ruger. New stock, new barrel, new trigger group, shoots amazing and I love the look!!
246806_1912734212938_1079395295_3617009_8077963_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back