Rules of a Gun Fight

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
Gunfight Rules:
In a gunfight, the most important rule is ... HAVE A GUN!
Here is some shooting advice from various **Concealed Carry Instructors.* If you own a gun, you will appreciate these*rules.* If not, get one and learn how to use it ... then learn the rules:
RULES:
*A -- Guns have only two enemies:* rust*and politicians.
*B -- It’s always better to be judged by 12*than carried by 6.
*C -- Cops carry guns to protect themselves,*not you.
*D -- Never let someone or something that*threatens you get within 20 feet.
*E -- Never say "I've got a gun."* If you*need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety*clicking off.
*F -- The average response time of a 911 call*is 23 minutes; the response time of a .357 magnum is 1,400 feet per*second.
*G -- The most important rule in a gunfight*is:* Always win.* A gunfight is a deadly struggle.* There*is no such thing as a fair fight, so cheat if necessary.
*H -- Make your attacker advances through a*wall of bullets.* You may get killed with your*own gun, but*he'll have to beat you to death with it, ‘cause it will be empty.
*I -- If you're in a gun fight:* If*you're not shooting, you should be loading.* If you're not loading,*you should be moving.* If you're not moving, you're dead.
*J -- In a life and death situation, do*something.* It may be wrong, but do something!
*K -- If you carry a gun, people may call you*paranoid.* BS!!* If you have a gun, what do you have to be*paranoid about?
*L -- You can say 'stop' or any other word,*but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone’s head is pretty much a*universal language.
*M -- Never leave an enemy behind.* If*you have to shoot, shoot to kill.* If you end up in court, yours*will be the only testimony.
*N -- You cannot save the planet, but you may*be able to save yourself and your family.

*And always remember this quote from America's*premier Founding Father:* "Peace is that brief glorious moment in*history, when everybody stands around reloading." - Thomas Jefferson

When you are an old man , there are no rules in a fist / knife / gun fight . Never pick a fight with an old man. He will just kill you.

Had a 7th Degree Black Belt who told me he was concerned because I at one time needed a cane to walk. He said an old man can do lots of damage with one. Especially because mine has a solid steel skull on the top.:rofl_200: Now, I PRACTICE TO JUST SHOOT FIRST AND HIT MY TARGET. Only way to win a gun fight. It will all be over in seconds.

Great wisdom there. Dead Men dont testify. Im thankful that I have never had to draw, even when I was an evening towtruck operator on south/central Seattle (hood).

I never thought I would do it, but I bought a rifle a month or so ago. Just a Savage bolt action .22, but it's a decent little gun, and it's readily accessible if needed.

It's a damn shame the world has came to this ,But sadly it has.My daughter carries.But my wife wont.She has a tazer.She had a druggie beat on her car window one morning,Screaming give me a ride! she ran the red light and got away.She said she was sure the window was gonna shatter before she could get gone,Car doors always locked when she's alone.She talked about it for day's.Never sleeped worth a dam for the longest.No time she said,Didn't have time to think.Don't want to kill anyone!I said bear me either.But losing you is unacceptable.Don't know what else to say.

Years back Mary wouldn't consider carrying even though she was an excellent shot. She got off of work at midnight and picked up a tail one night. Changed lanes and rode her bumper all the way to our house (No Provocation ). I always waited out front for her and when she got home I was there but standing behind a big oak tree to the guys view. Soon as I saw what was going on, I walked right at his Pickup. He burned out and left. She was shaken by this incident and had a Carry Permit and a S&W .357 in just 17 days. She keeps it with her day and night now for 9 or 10 years.

We have a signal for each other for impending danger ( 6 O'clock ) Has worked well. Nice to have the back up. Only change in her personality is that she is much more aggressive to trouble now. :clapping:

Most everyone I know carries at least 1 gun. I've carried as many weapons as 7, various types at once.

It's becoming important to be able to protect our-self's in this day and age. There is danger out on the rode and it can find it's way to our door. Best to be prepared.
Steve-o

My new armored jacket has a gun pocket. Some crack-head hillbillies were playing chicken with me on a country road. I chose to simply outrun their pick-m-up truck in a good stretch I knew well, and avoided Jeb and Clive up close and personal. Best to avoid trouble if possible, but the day will come when you have to face down a crazed thug. My advice, don't talk, shoot.

Back