Running lights wont work one day before departure.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
I'm just about to give up and say my first Colorado RV trip just wasn't meant to be..

1991 ck2500 Chevy 4x4. No trailer fuses to worry about. All fuses (one set) are in the dash very far low left and have been checked. When the truck's lights work.. There is power at the 6 pin plug.

2006 featherlite surv 24' toyhauler 7924

Trailer had a 7 prong plug, but was cut off for a 6 pin. Ground wire not used.. Worked fine right after I bought it and the two day 850 mile trip back home.. Parked it for 4 months to do some non-electrical mods/needed maintenance. Hitched it back up a day ago and have been working on it almost non stop trying to get the lights to work.

The brake/turn lights work fine now after relocating a new ground on the truck. The running marker lights worked for 30 seconds then nothing. Yes we tried a ground jumper from frame to frame. I faked voltage to the running lights with the trailer battery with the truck disconnected and they work fine. The running lights pin in the truck bumper is hot 11.5v, but does not light up the running lights when plugged in.

I got nothin..
Suggestions?

Sounds like the voltage is low but should still light the trailer. Have you replaced the end on either truck or trailer? Might be that it just isn't making a solid connection.

Thanks Sean.. Haven't replaced anything. Its setup just like it was when it worked.. Im tired of trouble shooting and will buy the 7 prong plugs and start from scratch.. Thing is, I should be packing etc. This sucks.. Is it Friday the 13th or something?

I know what you mean. Worked all day to complete a bike build. Thought I was done yesterday but small details needing attention kept popping up.

I know what you mean. Worked all day to complete a bike build. Thought I was done yesterday but small details needing attention kept popping up.

:biglaugh:

On top of my lights not working.. I jumped out of the back of the toy-hauler and landed on a uneven surface trying to hurry. Twisted my ankle, heard a pop and my foot started to hurt. Two hours later, I could barely hobbled into ER. I sat there for three hours and finally blew a gasket and let the staff know, along with everyone in the reception area, how happy I was. My Sisters a Doctor there.. :rofl_200:
So I was blaming my Friday the 13th birthday on the whole deal, but looks like my luck has changed! Ripped the old wiring out and installed new. I'm a expert at trailer lights now..

Lights! Camera! Action! and I'm outta here!

Back