runs but wont move ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamie12r

Reaction score
today i was riding and hurd a small click or bang and all of a sudden i thought i missed a gear but nope i never the bike will not move at all there is a small noise coming from the shaft area not loud at all any ideas what this could be ?
thanks jamie

Either this or a u-joint on the drive shaft.

This I can attest to.

My broken drive shaft made lots of racket when it snapped and continued to do so as I coasted to a stop. It would depend upon exactly where it broke and on which end.

My u-joint went out with a big BANG and then didn't make much of any noise after that as I coasted to a stop.

Bummer.

Does anyone out there sell a re-inforced VMax driveshaft?

Thanks.

Elimax

Yes, Sportmax has a bigger shaft. I'm still on the fence on this subject. I have a sportmax shaft trash two good engines (destroyed the transmissions - one bad enough to destroy the block). I did end up finding out the shaft was made 1/8" too long when it was all said and done. Still, the oem shaft does act as a weak link but I don't mind having the extra strength.

Last time I trashed the engine I ended up taking some of the clutch out of it and taking off the sticky tire and swingarm.

Sean

Do you think I should go for it with the Sportmax shaft, or keep on lookin'?

Elimax

I just use OEM shafts now but not sure what to advise you to do. They don't break that often. I've probably only broken half a dozen of them over the years (which is pretty good if you ask me).

Sean

Latest posts

Back