Rusty McNeil needs your prayers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
truly inspirational words, pat.
tears-of-joy.gif
+ 1

I got this off the Houston sight this morning.

one surgery yesterday to remove spleen, a second to explore intestines, lungs still not working, on 100 % oxygen, still in a comma. That's all we know this morning. Our prayers and thoughts for a recovery for Ryan will be with Rusty and his family during this tragic time.

I want thank Rusty for his decency in keeping us all updated with the latest info. I've been spending time with a nephew in hospitals lately and learned that you cry over the sad parts and rejoice over the littlest of successes. We pray for strength, patience and understanding but are taught to cherish every minute and with God, all things are possible.
One doesn't have to be a "religious" person to want every possible advantage to aid a loved one.
Both sunshine and rain fall on all people. The important part is what we do with what we get.
Seems like you got a wonderful group of people here pulling for you in every concievable way Rusty! I hope that can put a smile on your face and heart!

PATMAX: You My Brother Are A Very Wise Man. But I already knew that. Thank You for sharing your feelings here.

Kyle: Thank You for the update...

Rusty: Our Prayers our there for all of your family....

Best wishes from Saskatchewan, i hope and wish everything goes smoothly. i just had my first child 7 months ago and this is really the first time id ever given any thought to what would happen if i were in Rustys shoes. my stomach is just sick with the thought of what you are going thru. Youre family is in our thoughts.

Best wishes friend...

peace,
Evan....

my thoughts go out to you and yours rusty.

PATMAX: You My Brother Are A Very Wise Man. But I already knew that. Thank You for sharing your feelings here.

Kyle: Thank You for the update...

Rusty: Our Prayers our there for all of your family....

Thank you so much, those words mean a lot to us, we're trying to stay positive, this kids got a lot of people pulling for her.

Update;

They are done with surgeries more than likely, removing one kidney shouldn't have a lot of consequence other than being very careful with her lifestyle for the rest of her life.
The spleen being removed will require continious antibiotics till adulthood and then careful monitoring after that.
Her lungs are getting better, they believe the lungs should make a full recovery.

Neurology;
They would have liked to have seen her "wake up" before now, she has not, they do say she is responding to external pain stimuli, but that's about it for now...They have some more tests etc scheduled, we'll see how it goes. The warning is that when she wakes up don't expect her to be "normal" or mentally "up to speed" for quite some time..... days, weeks, or months.......somewhere in that statement I'm reading between the lines "if ever" and it's killing me, I watched a cousin years ago that had a M/C wreck lay in a coma for weeks and he's permanently about the age of 7, that was back in the late 70's, I can't stop thinking of it, but have not voiced that to ANYONE except right now to you guys,............... there's nothing to do but hope, pray, wait and let the Dr's do what they do best......

The custody/medical authority thing has sort of been worked out, her Natural Moms family came down on the Mom pretty hard, as did her natural Dad, who will tell you straight up she's better off with us and they aren't even capable of raising her, and I pulled my hole card out and threatened them with the facts I have documented in regards to a case of welfare fraud I feel they have commited...I didn't want to play dirty but it was time......Her natural parents have signed forms authorizing us as complete decision makers in all regards as to her care and control in and out of the hospital.......They are still the legal custodians though.....it's going to take a court order to change that..my wife wanted us to start our Lawyer on it NOW, I felt it would be in pretty poor taste to do that while this kids in ICU, for her natural parents to do it was shitty and I ethically feel for us to do it right now would be just the same. Ryan doesn't need that tension and hostility during the midst of all this..I just want PEACE!.....I had to threaten my wife with divorce to get her to back off, and she calmed down and saw it my way (Some of her girlfriends also took my side and talked some sense to her as well)

This is completely my fault, Ryan has lived with us for 6-7 years and her natural parents have never been a problem, never visited or involved themselves in any way, and I didn't want to rock the boat and start legal proceedings with all the family drama it would entail to take Ryan completely away from them...partly because I never thought it would be an issue and partly because I'm a cheap bastard and didn't want to pay for a lawyer....I've learned my lesson..................
Once Ryans home I will do so (Anyone want to buy a Vmax?) and finally remove any question whatsoever who has the right and duty to care for this child.......my lawyer tells me the case for abandonment would be pretty much be an open and shut case....Plus they don't have a pot to piss in so the "fight back" wouldn't be of the best quality to say the least...i have too much info on them in regards to criminal and drug history, spousal abuse, hospital visits arrests and all that for them to stand much of a chance....

Thanks again to all of you for your words, prayers and support....It means a lot to our family, I cannot believe the support network that has appeared out of thin air, between the family of course, the nieghbors, Ryans school, her friends, all her friends parents, the local Vmax community, you guys and my work its been just an incredible response...i know how it feels so helpless to be able to do no more than offer simple words of support, I just want y'all to know how valuable those words are..They mean alot at times like this...

Thanks to all...

Thank you for taking the time to up date us! I also had a friend in a serious m/c accident which resulted in him being in a coma for a couple weeks.......................... HE'S FINE NOW!

but Im Still pulling for Ryan

No Selling Vmax's Bro... Not even if we have to take up a collection...........Period.....

I think you are being Very Smart not to Stir the Pot right now with legal BS..
Taking Care of You and Your Family is Priority #1. Concentrate on what you
can do to make things better there for all of You.... We Have Your Six OClock..

Hi Rusty
I have been following this closely since post #1. Im no religious person so i would be a hypocrite coming here and telling you that im praying for you both, eventhough i do not criticize in any way who have faith in God, that kinda kept me from posting before but now i really feel having to. Im glad her sensible status is stabilizing and im sure she will pull through. I sincerely despise those things regarding her natural mom and probably if i were in your shoes i'd most likely smack her in the face when she'd come with all that bullshit especially in a time like this. All i can say is that i wish all the best for her and consequently for you and your family and things will come to a good end. Right now its not time to think about little stuff. The important is for her to evolve in the best way possible ASAP. That is important. the other things are secondary. I can't think of that happening to me, so all i can do is to forward you my sympathy and wishes of a good come back in the best possible way.
All the best from across the pond mate for you all in this bad moment...

Thank you Rusty for taking time to keep us in the loop. Keep your spirits up, I'm glad the distration is fading away so you can concentrate all your love and attention on Ryan. Good thoughts and prayers still going your way.

Rusty, thanks for the update. We're praying every day for you guys!

This is completely my fault, Ryan has lived with us for 6-7 years and her natural parents have never been a problem, never visited or involved themselves in any way, and I didn't want to rock the boat and start legal proceedings with all the family drama it would entail to take Ryan completely away from them...partly because I never thought it would be an issue and partly because I'm a cheap bastard and didn't want to pay for a lawyer....I've learned my lesson..................
Once Ryans home I will do so (Anyone want to buy a Vmax?)
This is not your fault man... This is the desperate acts of desperate people.
Take no blame here and stand your ground strong. YOUR little girl NEEDS YOU!!! HER FAMILY not the people that drop out of the blue 6 years later.....

I am one for sure that will donate to the cause. I will donate what money I can to Ryan she is the one that needs help and support. You and your family can be there to give her emotional and personal supports. (hell if she every laid eyes on me she would hide behind you anyway!!! Im told Im pretty scarey looking)

I for one obviously among many here on this forum am will to give her what I can. Dont worry about the financials bro focus on Ryan she needs you more than ever now.

i WE HOPE ALL TURNS OUT WELL " RUSTY ", AND ONE DAY YOU CAN ALL LOOK BACK AND SMILE !

Thanks for the update Rusty ! I know I am in FLorida but if there is anything I can do rather its come home & mow your lawn help out around your house or whatever feel free to let me know I will find a way home to do what I can.

Thanks Rusty. From what I read there is a lot of positive going on right now. Keep your faith and I believe it will all work out for you. I had a cousin that had a massive stroke a few years back and he wasn't even thirty yet (very bad alcoholic). They were talking about pulling the plug on it about three months later and damn near the day they were going to do it he simply woke up and asked for some food (he lost 60lbs while in his coma!).

The good thing about that situation was he went through his worst three months of withdrawl all while he was out. So, it made his transition much easier. He's not back to "normal" and never will be but he's not a dang veggie either!

I am quite confident your girl will be able to pull through just the same. It still pains me to see this happen though!

Sean

Latest posts

Back