Saw the Scorpions farewell show last night

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax626

Reaction score
Last night I got to see the Scorpions rock the hell out of the citizens bank arena out here in Ontario.
It`s a realativly small place which suprised me and an even bigger suprise was that it didn`t sell out. Cinderela opened for them but the scorpions were awesome, they played all of their classic hits and a couple of their new ones. The only diapointment was that they didn`t play "wind of change" or "still loving you" but it was still a great show, so now they are going back to germany to drink beer and enjoy their millions.:biglaugh::eusa_dance:
<<Dave>>:punk:

I couldn`t believe it, there were 60 & 70 year old people there along with people who brought their 6 & 7 year old kids with them it was really something to see but I wouldn`t bring kids that young to a place that would be fogged with marajuana smoke.
Little kids shouldn`t be exposed to that at that age.

I couldn`t believe it, there were 60 & 70 year old people there along with people who brought their 6 & 7 year old kids with them it was really something to see but I wouldn`t bring kids that young to a place that would be fogged with marajuana smoke.
Little kids shouldn`t be exposed to that at that age.

Dave, you were exposed to marijuana smoke at that age and it didnt affect you :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Sorry I couldnt go with, thanks for the invite.

Yeah, I kinda remember seeing them back in the early 80's. One of those foggy memories hazed over by smoke.:punk:Rainbow opened for them.

Major disappointment Dave....what's a Scorpion concert without "Still Lovin' You"? That's one of the greatest Killer Songs of all time!!

JK man, I bet they more than made up for it....eh? :punk:

Major disappointment Dave....what's a Scorpion concert without "Still Lovin' You"? That's one of the greatest Killer Songs of all time!!

JK man, I bet they more than made up for it....eh? :punk:
Oh yeah Dan they did,
For being as old as they are, they rocked non stop and they did an awesome acoustic set too.I think when they did "Send me an angel" that more than made up for it and then after that they played "holiday"
My voice is still a little hoarse LOL.

Scorpions are an amazing class act:eusa_dance: Hope to catch them on this tour. I'll take "Holiday" over "Still Loving You"' anyday. Lovedrive is my all time favorite album from them.
"Girl to drive, a car to love, the music rocks me down the motorway":punk:

I was there too! Also went to the Guitar Center in Hollywood to see 'em get their name in the walk!

To bad they are calling it quits :punk:

Hearing them all play lead on an electric guitar for coast to coast was one of the most memorable concert moments I've had.

Hearing them all play lead on an electric guitar for coast to coast was one of the most memorable concert moments I've had.
Yeah they played that too,
I think it was the 3rd or 4th song and they all came out to the front and played and they all had guitars, and they sounded great.
Truly a memorable moment indeed.

Love the scorps, saw tehm in the 80's, would love to see them one last time, but they aren't coming here, and I can't get anybody to go to Toronto with me, or Cleveland for that matter. I could live with out those 2 songs. They have sooo many that are sooooo much better.

Caught them back in the early 90's (I think) at a multiple band concert at Alpine Valley wisconsin. This was hands down the loudest show I ever was exposed to (and I saw a LOT of hard core rock shows). I can recall the volume being literally painfull as the music and light show built to a crescendo!!
I left some of my hearing there that day, what was left after all of the high performance engines, my own Les Paul, gunfire, stereos, machine shops.....etc etc..

I guess I didn't know they were ending it. What a shame, and man I am starting to feel old.....

Caught them back in the early 90's (I think) at a multiple band concert at Alpine Valley wisconsin. This was hands down the loudest show I ever was exposed to (and I saw a LOT of hard core rock shows). I can recall the volume being literally painfull as the music and light show built to a crescendo!!
I left some of my hearing there that day, what was left after all of the high performance engines, my own Les Paul, gunfire, stereos, machine shops.....etc etc..

I guess I didn't know they were ending it. What a shame, and man I am starting to feel old.....
I think tery`re on their way back east, they play Vegas tomorrow night.

Back