Scout hunt update

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintard

Reaction score
If you remember in another thread i was asking what you guys thought of a 79 terra scout. I couldnt talk that guy down to a low enough price and the more questions i asked the shadier he seemed, so i told him to get f***ed.

Over on www.binderplanet.com which is the VMF for IH binder enthusiasts a veteran scout collector with a ton of posts and awesome reputation contacted me after seeing i dropped the first guy. Tons of people over there back him, hes got Morleys reputation here over there and hes been on that site forever with a ton of post's.

Hes close to me, northern indiana, and he has a 79 traveler he wants to get rid of before it rots away. Its a california truck and is virtually rust free for a scout. It does have one hole about the size of a dollar bill near the tailgate in the floor, but would be EASY to fix. Other than that the truck is SOLID.

As you can see the truck is UGLY AS SIN right now. The engine in it now has a little case of piston slap in #1, and the steering box he calls a gusher because it leaks so bad. Mechanically sound other than that.

Hes gonna let it go for $3,000. Hes throwing in another steering box, original rear bumper, windshield, AC parts minus compressor, and another 345 engine out of a parts truck that runs fine.

Heres some pics

Attachments

• IMG_0863.JPG
    IMG_0863.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0864.JPG
    IMG_0864.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0865.JPG
    IMG_0865.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0866.JPG
    IMG_0866.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0834.JPG
    IMG_0834.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0838.JPG
    IMG_0838.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0836.JPG
    IMG_0836.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 14
hey Clintard, i have worked on alot of these internationals and they get hairline cracks in the cast iron manifolds, when you start them up cold, the noise inside the cab sounds like piston slap until the manifolds warm up sealing the hairline crack and the noise goes away. take a stethoscope and go around the exhaust manifold when cold and listen . might be a chance that the engine internals are ok. good luck buckridge

Back