Sean's Valve Shim Kit?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i SEAN IS ONE OF THE GUY'S THAT MAKES THIS FORUM WHAT IT IS , AND IS A HUGE ASSET ! .... SHIT LIKE THIS REALLY PISSES ME THE FUCK OFF ! ..... WITHOUT THOSE LOANER KITS , DOING OUR VALVES WOULD BE A TOTAL FUCKING NIGHTMARE ! ..... AND TURN INTO A FUCKING WEEK LONG PROJECT ! .... THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT AND TOTALLY UNEXEPTABLE ! ! ! ! ! .... :th_biggun:

....what he said...............

maybe from now on the borrowers have to paypal an amount ($200?) whatever it would cost to rebuild the kit and they get it refunded once they return it. similar to autozone's rent a tool?

Thats a good idea......I agree with you gamorg02.

maybe from now on the borrowers have to paypal an amount ($200?) whatever it would cost to rebuild the kit and they get it refunded once they return it. similar to autozone's rent a tool?
i GARRETT , THAT'S ACTUALLY A GREAT IDEA ! ... IT WOULD ONLY BE AN ISSUE WITH SOMEONE , IF THEY DIDN'T PLAN ON RETURNING THEM ! .... I WOULD MAKE IT MORE MONEY ! ..REPLACEMENT VALUE OF THE SET !

i I'M STILL PISSED AND I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE THAT WE ARE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION ! .. :bang head: ,,:damn angry: ,,:bang head:

Some good news at least. I did finally get a response from one of the guys with a kit. Supposedly he is shipping it back. If I were to charge replacement cost for the kit it would be over $1000 in shims. Most wont want to drop that much change lol. Up until this last summer I was getting these kits moved around without issue. I'll keep at the other guy and post up his general location too when I get by the shop and get the address.

I'd be glad to make a personal visit. I'm in...just say the word! Have truck will travel

Sadly it's the nature of the beast....somebody (Sean in this case) starts a nice thing for the VMax community and sooner or later someone's gonna fuck it up for everyone else...whether intentional or unintentional doesn't really matter.

The deposit idea has merit IMO....provide a little incentive for the borrower to become the returner and this kind of thing might be avoided.

It's been said many a time already but can be said again. Sean puts himself and his wallet out there to the benefit of the Vmax community more than any other Vmax vendor out there that I know of. Is it a sound business practice? Maybe not but to a tight knit community that we are, it is awesome to have this resource. Dare I say he is more than a resource but a brother and probably a friend to many because of it.
If a deposit is not practical, maybe just looking at ones VMF or VMOA activity. Are they a long time member? Do they have just a few posts? I have modeled some of my business practices after Sean which is only extended and paying forward the treatment he gave me. Seats, chrome, paint, parts, all of sent without a bill or deposit other than cores. Who does that other than friends. Heck I know some family that are not as trusting and courteous.
As a post script, I hope I never cross Coprunner! He lives too close to me now!

One crazy idea... Every body chip in to make a new one, and only they people who put money in the pot get to borrow the kit? or The ones who put money in wont have to give a deposit and the ones who don't put in have a give a deposit? Idk just thinking out loud. I mean currently we have 9763 members, if everyone gave a dollar we would have $9763. Almost enough for 10 of them.

I like the way this boy thinks. Maybe a thousand of these people are active and involved, probably less though. I shy away from international members as there will be zero chance of recovery. We know who the active and trustworthy international brothers are.
Lets work on getting the existing kits back in circulation or back to Sean.

Before we jump too high lets' get this one kit back. I'll get the address for the second one. I have a third kit that I keep here though it's not got as good a tool. I can look into making up some more kits though the two I had in circulation always seemed to be about the right amount.

It's been said many a time already but can be said again. Sean puts himself and his wallet out there to the benefit of the Vmax community more than any other Vmax vendor out there that I know of. Is it a sound business practice? Maybe not but to a tight knit community that we are, it is awesome to have this resource. Dare I say he is more than a resource but a brother and probably a friend to many because of it.
If a deposit is not practical, maybe just looking at ones VMF or VMOA activity. Are they a long time member? Do they have just a few posts? I have modeled some of my business practices after Sean which is only extended and paying forward the treatment he gave me. Seats, chrome, paint, parts, all of sent without a bill or deposit other than cores. Who does that other than friends. Heck I know some family that are not as trusting and courteous.
As a post script, I hope I never cross Coprunner! He lives too close to me now!
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: ... i " LOL " " LOL " " LOL " THIS JUST FUCKING BURNS ME ! ... I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A MAN OF MY WORD ! .... IF I SAY I'M GOING TO DO IT , I DO IT ! ... IF I SAY I'M GOING TO BE AT YOUR HOUSE AT 4:30 A.M. , I'M THERE AT 4:15 A.M. ! .... IF I BORROW IT AND FUCK IT UP , I BUY YOU A NEW ONE , BEFORE YOU EVEN KNEW IT WAS FUCKED UP ! .... IF I NEED TO BORROW IT AGAIN , I DON'T , I GO AND BUY ONE FOR MYSELF ! ... THAT'S JUST THE WAY I AM ! .... AND A LOT OF YOU GUY'S ARE ! .... THAT'S WHY THIS JUST REALLY FUCKING BURNS ME ! ... :th_biggun:

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: ... i " LOL " " LOL " " LOL " THIS JUST FUCKING BURNS ME ! ... I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A MAN OF MY WORD ! .... IF I SAY I'M GOING TO DO IT , I DO IT ! ... IF I SAY I'M GOING TO BE AT YOUR HOUSE AT 4:30 A.M. , I'M THERE AT 4:15 A.M. ! .... IF I BORROW IT AND FUCK IT UP , I BUY YOU A NEW ONE , BEFORE YOU EVEN KNEW IT WAS FUCKED UP ! .... IF I NEED TO BORROW IT AGAIN , I DON'T , I GO AND BUY ONE FOR MYSELF ! ... THAT'S JUST THE WAY I AM ! .... AND A LOT OF YOU GUY'S ARE ! .... THAT'S WHY THIS JUST REALLY FUCKING BURNS ME ! ... :th_biggun:

This is the truth folks....trust me on this one!! :punk:

The other kit is in the Denham Springs or maybe Gonzales Louisiana. I think his work address shows Baton Rouge. I've been leaving messages at his work but can't get him actually on the phone or have him call me back.

Sean

The other kit is in the Denham Springs or maybe Gonzales Louisiana. I think his work address shows Baton Rouge. I've been leaving messages at his work but can't get him actually on the phone or have him call me back.

Sean

I will be in the Hammond area which is about 35 miles from baton rouge, the 21st thru 23rd. I will be leaving the platform on the 20th, so I can run by his place of business too.

Will that work?

Last edited:
Back