September 10th Manitoulin Island ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thevmaxrider

Reaction score
All,

I am trying to gauge the interest in doing a ride onto Manitoulin Island for the weekend of Sept 10th and 11th. If folks are interested we will have to check out hotel availablity on the island for Saturday night. My plan would be to ride up to Tobermory, ON Friday night to catch the first ferry across in the morning. Thinking of meeting up with anyone coming from north of the island in the town of Little Current like the last time when Redbone, Maxcruiser, ALMIGHTY, and myself went. Please respond here so we can see who is interested and can start planning from there.

All,

I am trying to gauge the interest in doing a ride onto Manitoulin Island for the weekend of Sept 10th and 11th. If folks are interested we will have to check out hotel availablity on the island for Saturday night. My plan would be to ride up to Tobermory, ON Friday night to catch the first ferry across in the morning. Thinking of meeting up with anyone coming from north of the island in the town of Little Current like the last time when Redbone, Maxcruiser, ALMIGHTY, and myself went. Please respond here so we can see who is interested and can start planning from there.
Count me in for sure Jim! I had a great ride there last time with you, Mike and Bruce. I'll see if Bruce wants to join us, maybe he'll find that same waitress again! :biglaugh: The beautiful scenery and pretty good roads should make for a great ride.

Sounds good buddy!! Am going to bring Jodi along with me. She will love the scenery and the great riding up there! Would like to get a group of 10 or so to go. We can go take over the restaraunt where Bruce and waitress hit it off:rofl_200:

mmm whats with this waitress hahaha, so this place is the one nw of owen sound jim?

pending on what and where i am then i'll let ya know if i can make it. whats that about 2.5 hrs north of 401-400?

mmm whats with this waitress hahaha, so this place is the one nw of owen sound jim?

pending on what and where i am then i'll let ya know if i can make it. whats that about 2.5 hrs north of 401-400?

Yep, it is the large island north of the Bruce penninsula. Takes about 3.5 hrs to get to Tobermory from the GTA. Figure if there is a group of us we can meet up in Arthur or thereabouts and head north on Hwy 6 towards Owen Sound and take it all the way up to Tobermory. Just need to find a hotel there and one in South Baymouth (we stayed in a really nice hotel a couple of years ago that I would like to stay at again). Will keep everyone posted as we move along.

ya for sure sounds like fun, will let ya know if i can make it, also around rice-o-rama i think.

That was a fun ride the last - so you bet I'm in again this time - always love to ride on the island and with a bunch of other Vmaxer's - even better!

Mike

Back