Shaft Lube

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I'm sure most guys don't really bother with putting the rec'd moly paste on the driveshaft splines or on the final drive hub before installing the rear wheel.

But, for those of you that would lay awake at night thinking you should not have substitued your favorite waterproof, lithium based, wheel bearing grease for the proper moly based paste, I have found a product you may be interested in.

http://www.tsmoly.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_7&products_id=93

I have a 4oz container of this stuff. A little bit goes a long way. I like to use it on the shaft splines and on the rear diff hub/wheel splines. I also found that the rear brake pedal needs attention as the pivot point design is pretty crude and can use a high quality lube.

Damn, thought this thread was on a different topic:rofl_200: Great advice though. Always made sure that I used a marine grade lube on the shaft splines and the final drive/wheel splines. As we all know you can never have too much lube:rofl_200:

yea i just used waterproof wheel bearing grease. good to knwo tho mike, thanks!

Latest posts

Back