Shinko Tires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastatv

Reaction score
I'm going to need tires pretty soon and I priced the replacement Metzlers and they were let's say...on the high side....$179 for the rear, plus tax of course. Anyone here running the Skinkos.......or I might ask, whats a good replacement tire brand that is of good quality but does not require the "first born"? Thanks in advance. Rick

I got a pair of Bridgestone Exadras for less than the price of a Metzeler rear. I like 'em

I run a rear Shinko and they last around 5k miles, more or less. The current set should hit the 5500 mile mark whereas the previous one lasted to 6300 miles. I get them for ~$75 delivered from Motorcycle Superstore, and mounted for $38.
I got a pair of Bridgestone Exadras for less than the price of a Metzeler rear. I like 'em
Are these the Excedra Max's? I would like to hear how you like them after you get some miles on them.

I put Shinkos on a few months ago and they handle very well. Very happy with them. Be sure to break them in for a few hundred miles as with any new tire.

I love them myself. less mileage, but improved traction. And i will take grippy traction over extra miles with this bike all day long.
Regards,
R

I've been converted to Avon. They're awesome. A Venom in the back like Ouchez, but an AM26 Roadrider in the front. Stock sizes. Both V rated. I'm on my second set, they last even when ridden hard and traction is truly great.

I run a rear Shinko and they last around 5k miles, more or less. The current set should hit the 5500 mile mark whereas the previous one lasted to 6300 miles. I get them for ~$75 delivered from Motorcycle Superstore, and mounted for $38.

Are these the Excedra Max's? I would like to hear how you like them after you get some miles on them.

I'll look at all the suggestions...thanks to all for the fedback, however, I'll probably go with the Shinkos, very good price, good reviews, others here are happy with them on the VMax, and I'll only put maybe 2000 miles per year on them. Thanks again. Rick

Can we talk about oil to
rofl_200.gif
Cap'n yep...why not :biglaugh: lol

I'll look at all the suggestions...thanks to all for the fedback, however, I'll probably go with the Shinkos, very good price, good reviews, others here are happy with them on the VMax, and I'll only put maybe 2000 miles per year on them. Thanks again. Rick

+ on the Shinko's for economy. They grip the road well, wet or dry. They're all done after 5k though. Worth the money, but lots of tire choices out there.Like oil.
Steve-o

I've been converted to Avon. They're awesome. A Venom in the back like Ouchez, but an AM26 Roadrider in the front. Stock sizes. Both V rated. I'm on my second set, they last even when ridden hard and traction is truly great.

Yes, the avons are nice in dry weather, but as soon as it get wet out, these are like slicks. There is no traction in the rain. I run the shinkos now and the grip the road very well in the rain and are awesome on dry pavement.

Back