Ship my V-Max to Hungary? Undecided...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotsokids

Reaction score
Hi all. I haven't been on this forum for a while. My poor '85 V-Max is in storage back in the U.S., but I sure would love to have it here in Hungary. A lot of friends told me to ship it and keep it licensed and insured in the U.S. (I keep everything current). BUT... Here in Hungary I have an '88 Yamaha FJ1200 that I've tuned, and this beast now runs VERY STRONG. Last summer I even drag raced it at a track here - that was an AWESOME experience!!! I think it's actually quicker than my V-Max.

But I sure love the V-Max. It's a V-MAX for crying out loud. I've only seen one first-gen V-Max here for sale in Hungary, and it was about $13,000.

I just don't know... :confused2:

hell, I'd do it. I'd import it, make the rounds, ride the tar out of it and still be able to sell it for enough to pay for the shipping, the gas, and the hotel rooms...

I agree. Ship it there. Ride the hell out of it. Sell it when coming home and buy another one when you get back! We can probably help get it shipped there if you want!

about 800-1000$ to ship to EU and you need to paid VAT plus CUSTOMS.

but...If you will declarate that you are US citizen and you are only temporary in EU and you will have valid registation plate then you can ride without paying fees above. Im not sure whats the time limit if any.
For sure you will need EU insurance - about 200 €.

Worth to move your beloved bike if you can afford it...IMO.

13k$ is very expensive, for that price I can grab damaged 2 gen.
About 3,5K$ is what you need to pay for old 1gen in PL.
Lot of them here, if you need one then let me know - 6 hours of ride and you are here.

Ship it, if you're not coming back soon. Seems Vmax prices are on rock bottom over here...........

or sell it here and buy one over there but guess thats not as easy as here to find one eh?

edit: maybe find one in another closer country i meant so not to pay 13G's

I would have to agree and say ship it. There are companies here that we use for our business that once we fill a container they take it for us out of the ports in Galveston to anywhere in the world. I actually have a guy in Florida that ships to Europe (mostly Spain) for me and once a year I pay him a couple thousand for a few bikes. You could most likely get it there for much less depending on where it is and sell it when you come home. I bought my 85 for 1600 bucks if I could sell it for 13K your damned right I would then Ild buy 2 more and have money for gas to boot.

just shipped a goldwing to Dubai. It was about $2500 with freight and our export duties. Not sure what they paid to get it out of customs once it made it there. You'd still come out money way ahead though!

Sean

Back