Should be a law.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say they can justify calling it a V-Max. Considering the 110cc engine and 55mph top speed it will smoke most Hardly powered bikes, plus it has a bonus of a pre-installed HP air filter...

your under estimating the harley v twin power a little bit...had both and the v twin will out pull the max for a good amount of time on the highway atleast up to 110 120 mph....yes not a stock harley one with a few mods or a big inch motor.....vtwin running same hp as a vmax but 127 tq compaired to 80 tq is going to show up somewhere....wont help at the strip..but real world street riding....it will put a good scare and hurting on you for a little while

your under estimating the harley v twin power a little bit...had both and the v twin will out pull the max for a good amount of time on the highway atleast up to 110 120 mph....yes not a stock harley one with a few mods or a big inch motor.....vtwin running same hp as a vmax but 127 tq compaired to 80 tq is going to show up somewhere....wont help at the strip..but real world street riding....it will put a good scare and hurting on you for a little while

I understand what your saying 113S&S, but it takes alot of $$$ to make a harley vtwin comparable to a stock v-max in performance. I've spent 15 years on harleys and have gone through the modification process on 4 of them to make them perform better and in 2000, I bought my 1st vmax for "shits and giggles" and it didn't take long to realize that a vmax was all I needed and sold my harley.

IMO Harleys are nice but for dollar vs value - I don't think so, except maybe the v-rod (atleast it has some modern engineering on it)

I understand what your saying 113S&S, but it takes alot of $$$ to make a harley vtwin comparable to a stock v-max in performance. I've spent 15 years on harleys and have gone through the modification process on 4 of them to make them perform better and in 2000, I bought my 1st vmax for "shits and giggles" and it didn't take long to realize that a vmax was all I needed and sold my harley.

IMO Harleys are nice but for dollar vs value - I don't think so, except maybe the v-rod (atleast it has some modern engineering on it)
;;

i agree a max for 9800 new is a lot of bike for the money,,,,id put my money on the max against the vrod,,i out pulled a few vrods from ist on the 113,,,dont think id pull the max ......yes where talking a lot of money.....the new stock 110 motors coming out in the harleys now should have some surprize to a sleeping max on the highway

:confused2: I was making a joke... The 110cc mini-bike mentioned above won't beat MOST Harley powered bikes, only the stock engined ones. :banana:

:confused2: I was making a joke... The 110cc mini-bike mentioned above won't beat MOST Harley powered bikes, only the stock engined ones. :banana:

LOL I have an 87cc (was a 50cc) Honda trail 50 replica that's street legal with a two brothers pipe and over sized carb and intake and it'll do 50 to 55...:punk:Sounds awesome too.:thumbs up:

:cheers: still good conversation

;;

i agree a max for 9800 new is a lot of bike for the money,,,,id put my money on the max against the vrod,,i out pulled a few vrods from ist on the 113,,,dont think id pull the max ......yes where talking a lot of money.....the new stock 110 motors coming out in the harleys now should have some surprize to a sleeping max on the highway

I've raced close to a dozen Vrods over the last few years, including three different ones at the strip.

I've never had a but one Vrod even come close to outrunning the Vmax and I'm talking about from a stop with both of us aware there was a race happening, not some ricer fly-by thing.

At the strip one Vrod beat me when I was asleep at the light but I talked to him afterwards and his ET was slower than mine. I beat him 2 other times that same night.

I'm not saying Vrods are slow, they are not. It's just that with about the same weight and Horsewpower RPM's win out torward the end of the 1/4, the same way that less HP and Torque but 14,000 RPM's translate into me getting my ass kicked when I go up against a late model 600 Sportbike. They usually pulll ahead in the last few hundred feet or so of the 1/4.

I've raced close to a dozen Vrods over the last few years, including three different ones at the strip.

I've never had a but one Vrod even come close to outrunning the Vmax and I'm talking about from a stop with both of us aware there was a race happening, not some ricer fly-by thing.

At the strip one Vrod beat me when I was asleep at the light but I talked to him afterwards and his ET was slower than mine. I beat him 2 other times that same night.

I'm not saying Vrods are slow, they are not. It's just that with about the same weight and Horsewpower RPM's win out torward the end of the 1/4, the same way that less HP and Torque but 14,000 RPM's translate into me getting my ass kicked when I go up against a late model 600 Sportbike. They usually pulll ahead in the last few hundred feet or so of the 1/4.

high rpm is hard to bet but the 600s im guessing are 150 lbs less,,im thinking the 600s put down some good hp numbers over 110 anyway probably more,,,eather way its a lot of fun,,,some of the newer vrods there talking 120 hp stock..not sure if thats true....still those 600 go good..im thinking they must be there best selling bikes the 600s....is it the faster wheel speed because of the higher rpm..?

high rpm is hard to bet but the 600s im guessing are 150 lbs less,,im thinking the 600s put down some good hp numbers over 110 anyway probably more,,,eather way its a lot of fun,,,some of the newer vrods there talking 120 hp stock..not sure if thats true....still those 600 go good..im thinking they must be there best selling bikes the 600s....is it the faster wheel speed because of the higher rpm..?

Some of the newer 600's are right around 400 lbs, and your right they are making as much as 120rwhp.

Rusty

Back