Shut down.............when?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedmax

Reaction score
To you Gen II guys, when are these things spose to shut down on the top end ( bone stock)I thought it was 136mph:ummm:

been out playing today have ya buddy?

peace,
evan...

I'm sure somone will have the right answer, but I think original buzz was that if you eased into top speed it was down in the 130's and if you were WOT all the way to top end it would be something like 145 or so (to enable a good 1/4 mile run??)

Last edited:
been out playing today have ya buddy?

peace,
evan..
Even, just getting aquinted with her :biglaugh:. I expected her to shut down @ 136 and she was still pullin hard @ 138:clapping:

137 should be the stock limit but may vary some from bike to bike...:confused2:

Bone stock the speedo will read 155ish, after a hard pull from near zero speedo initially. There is a crazy 7 - 8 % error in the stock setup, That is why most of us run the speedo healer on the bike.

Bone stock the speedo will read 155ish, after a hard pull from near zero speedo initially. There is a crazy 7 - 8 % error in the stock setup, That is why most of us run the speedo healer on the bike.

Thank you,where can find more on this "speedo healer"?

You will need the universal one, I did not see one on ebay, but the only difference is the wiring harness

Thanks, I will keep this all in mind, first I need to get used to it, put on bout 50 miles today , 40 degree weather so I was extra carefull.

Rick, ya just couldn't wait ... could ya. 40 degree temps... bah .... bet you'd take your new Gen2 out for a ride if it were in the low 30's !
Way to GO ! You ROCK !! :punk:

Rick, ya just couldn't wait ... could ya. 40 degree temps... bah .... bet you'd take your new Gen2 out for a ride if it were in the low 30's !
Way to GO ! You ROCK !! :punk:

33 miles yesterday,34 degrees:biglaugh:

33 miles yesterday,34 degrees:biglaugh:

That's about 4 degrees above zero....no biggie......:eusa_dance:

wchill.gif

I'm working:bang head: ,Ill stop by when I get out.:clapping:Im already looking forward to the ride down RT 32 from ware to palmer:punk:

155'ish correlates to around 144mph, if I apply the 7.9% speedo error my wife's Gen II had before I added a speed healer from 12oclocklabs.com to the bike. I have this healer on three bikes in my garage now, and love em. Seemed a cheaper alternative to the speedhealer brand, and was easy to program. I got one of them for about $80.00 off fleabay, and paid $85.00 for the other two directly from their website.

My used to kick in about 140mph, before I had the ECU hacked. It doesn't shut down. It's like a govenor, or cruise control. It hits the limiter and just stays there.

Back