sick max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hatley

Reaction score
my 97 max with 16k miles is running ruff, replaced all 4 intake boots as i found them to be cracked i synced the carbs idles fine but around 3500 rpm under load it starts popping and sputtering if i run it up past 6k rpms it runs better i'm sure cause of the vboost . was really hoping changing the boots would fix the problem . i always run preimium ethenal free gas no mods done to bike carbs were gone through 3 years ago ran perfect till a few weeks ago. plugs all looked a nice tan color please give me some advice, thanks very much :confused2:i run preimium to get away from the dam ethenol ...

Last edited:
by shotgun the carbs do you mean blow air thru all ports??? thanks for the advice I miss my max.

Shotgun proceedure. Whole threads about how to do it around here someplace. You'll be blowing pressurized carb cleaner, then air, through certain ports. Too much carb cleaner down the wrong ports, and you could damage internal rubber parts....don't ask me how I know this.

Make sure the air box is seated well on all 4 carbs and clamps are in place and tight. With my failing eyes I always use a flashlight when replacing the air box, CV carbs don't work well if airbox is not seated. Also make sure none of the vent lines from carbs are not pinched off.....

thanks for all the advice guys my max is back and running great!!! did the shotgun trick, and synced the carbs again .

I'm glad to hear it worked out for ya Bro. Shot-gun and plugs always puts a little more zip in the Mistress. I pea shoot on a regular basis now as a preventative measure.

Back