Sissy Bar

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Chicken Man

Reaction score
Good day all,

I'm looking to install a sissybar/backrest on my Vmax (2009). I came across this one that I like the look of being sold by a company called EuropCustom. It comes in two different heights, chrome or powder coat black, and with an optional luggage rack. Just curious if anyone out there has ever bought this or has any thoughts on it? They don't have many photos so it seems a little suspicious to me.

https://europcustom.com/en/sissybar-yamaha-v-max-1700-1700-carbon.html
1698713809683.png1698713837770.png1698713876764.png

Hey Chicken Man, I bought one of those earlier this year. Quality looks great, come with hardware and instructions. Chrome plating is very good. Only problem is that it is for a Gen2 and I have a Gen1. If interested, I'll sell for what I have in it. It has the higher back rest and comes with the rack.

Hey Chicken Man, I bought one of those earlier this year. Quality looks great, come with hardware and instructions. Chrome plating is very good. Only problem is that it is for a Gen2 and I have a Gen1. If interested, I'll sell for what I have in it. It has the higher back rest and comes with the rack.

Thanks you for the info Tom! That's great to know it's a legit peace.

Thank you for the offer too! Your sounds like the options I was thinking about going with too, but I'm not sure if I want to go with the black or chrome finish yet.

Good day all,

I'm looking to install a sissybar/backrest on my Vmax (2009). I came across this one that I like the look of being sold by a company called EuropCustom. It comes in two different heights, chrome or powder coat black, and with an optional luggage rack. Just curious if anyone out there has ever bought this or has any thoughts on it? They don't have many photos so it seems a little suspicious to me.

https://europcustom.com/en/sissybar-yamaha-v-max-1700-1700-carbon.html
View attachment 91689View attachment 91690View attachment 91691
I too looked at this sissy bar made by Spaan (France). The 1 bolt mounting point on each side doesn't inspire confidence and reviews of the "foam/filler" padding isn't so great.

I too looked at this sissy bar made by Spaan (France). The 1 bolt mounting point on each side doesn't inspire confidence and reviews of the "foam/filler" padding isn't so great.
when you take off the silver oem trim there are 2 bolts holes to install the sissy bar.

Back