slide not moving when motor running?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncdoc0623414

Reaction score
so i had my carbs apart several times in an attempt to rebuild renew and stop a sticky float issue.

now that i have reassembled my carbs and installed them for the 3rd time one of my slides is not moving when i rev the engine. i can manually move it and it has approximately the same action as the others when the motor is off. if you look at the diaphragms in the service manual. the passage labeled oring #3, would that passage having a blockage cause this issue and if so where does it come out at i tried running a wire thru it and it didn't go far. id really like to ride my max soon and have been screwing with it almost 2 out of the 3 months Ive owned it. please help

Close inspection in front of a bright flashlight revealed a tiny crack in a diaphragm I thought was in perfect condition. I put a tiny amount of marine RTV on both sides of the crack. Had another complete slide so, I haven't tested it yet but believe it will work atleast for a time...

Good Luck,
Dave

+1 to alorio1's thought. If you don't see a problem, just swap the slides complete from carb to carb... See if the problem follows...

Just thinking outside the box here. Surely the slides and carb bodies are all machined to the same numerical size. Once assembled, they probably take on a "set" or in other words, a specific wear pattern which might adversely affect the effectiveness or logic to moving a slide to another carb body. A new slide in a used carb body might be OK. I'm probably wrong or uselessly over anal on the subject. Please procede with your constructive advice.

If you had the slides apart, make sure the plastic "tit" is correctly installed. If it isn't it could make the needle bind and that will cause the slide to stick for sure. $.02

Back