Slush?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arlon

Reaction score
Hi vmaxers,

This afternoon I had my airfilter opend en I have some questions.

Between the left front and left back airinlet there is a small plastic thing(don't know how it's called) and the same between the right two air inlets. (see picture 390)

When I removed this litlle thing I found some (what I call slush) :ummm: (picture 391-395)
It doesn't look wright to me.
Is this the ventilation outlet of the engine?
Is this "slush" a mixure of oil and water (moisture) from the engine?
Do I need to do anything about this (checking if the vents are open) and is it harmfull the way it looks?

Cheers for any advice

Attachments

• WP_000390.jpg
    WP_000390.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 34
  • WP_000391.jpg
    WP_000391.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 41
  • WP_000393.jpg
    WP_000393.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 36
  • WP_000394.jpg
    WP_000394.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 36
  • WP_000395.jpg
    WP_000395.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 32
if i see what you are showing correctly, what you are seeing is affectionately called "puke". the crankcase is vented into the chamber that those plastic thingies are attached to. so that slush is has some oil residue and i'm guessing some moisture from the air box. you should be able to to back those phillips screws and clean out the underlying chamber if you so desired. i'm not positive, but trace amounts of the slush is an indication of normal behavior. excessive amounts is problematic. from the looks of it, it appears as if it's been a very long time since a loving owner cared enough to clean it out.

Oke thanks
So if i'm wright, I can just clean it out and do not realy need to worry about it.
Most probable after some long rides and getting warm trough and trough the moister should disapear slightly.
I guess the previus owner din't ride very much and for shore not long rides and maybe had bin in the garage for a while. So the max needs to be for some runs to get a bit smoother and cleaner.
It's 16 years and had 16870km (10482M) on the clock. So not very much.

Greetzzzz

mine looked the same. and worried me just as much!

it's actualy incredible that by this media such as internet these litlle helps from the other side of the big lake could be zo helpfull...!

This Vmax forum is very good and you can find there all sorts of items and drop all sorts of questions whitch will be answered within a hour.

So much better than the dutch or english forum...;-)

Good work guys!!!

One thing I would do is to remove the air box and the factory tubing that vents from the crankcase to airbox. If you have the extra breather hose coming from the engine oil fill area I would clean that as well. A good dousing of wd40 should help to clean the gunk out of the hoses and airbox tray nicely.

Well I opend the underlying chamber in the airbox and..... surprisingly I found some more "puke" :barf:
See Puke pictures if you like...
I cleaned it all out and who ever dares to :barf:into or onto my bike again.....:gun shoot::hammer bash::icon_axe::flamethrower::th_biggun::BoomSmilie_anim::jail:
An is not celebrating his/her birthday for a few years!!!

Greetzzzzz

Attachments

• WP_000398.jpg
    WP_000398.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 12
  • WP_000399.jpg
    WP_000399.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 14
Back