Snapped retainer bolt..???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ost85vmax

Reaction score
SO i tore apart my clutch to inspect but more so to add another spring. Even after reading and knowing not to tighten the 6 bolts holding the spring retainer in place, well I busted one off. Damn those are soft bolts! My question is should I be overly concerned about having that 6th bolt in there? I drove it today and everything seems perfect. I plan on getting the bolt out because, well because I want it to be right but should I be concerned and not drive it until this is fixed? Also why not use a higher grade bolt? Any comments will appreciated.

Thanks

Most of the time after they break off you can still use your fingertip and spin them right out.

Hmmm... Have you ever work on one of these bikes?? Lol!! Thanks man! Saved me from getting out the not-so-easy outs. A nicely sharpened screw driver got in there and yep it just twisted right out. Why are these bolts so weak?? My daughter could have snapped that bolt off.

Yep, been there too!
Just nip them up and then about 1 degree further. They snap when they are brand new.
The clutch spring acts like a massive spring washer. :biglaugh:

Yes I couldn't believe it when that bolt snapped! My daughter was actually hanging out with me as I worked on it and asked, " Dad are you telling me that you can't even get a new one at the store".. Well I looked at the other engine sitting on the floor and smiled " no sweety unfortunately daddy has another 6 spares in the other engine!" don't really even know how to convey how soft these bolts are!

Latest posts

Back