some help for a newbie

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmioton

Reaction score
So the average amount of mechanical repairs I can do have been self taught. That of course means I've made at least 1 mistake on everything I've tried to fix for the first time...but, that's just how I've learned.

I'm always reading the DIY pages on here, plus my VMAX repair book. I'm gaining confidence and wanting to do more. I've never done any carb work, and really want to learn. I'm afraid to open mine up, but was thinking of buying a broken one on ebay and rebuilding it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone has an old one they want to sell, I'd be interested.

Thanks!

Don

So the average amount of mechanical repairs I can do have been self taught. That of course means I've made at least 1 mistake on everything I've tried to fix for the first time...but, that's just how I've learned.

I'm always reading the DIY pages on here, plus my VMAX repair book. I'm gaining confidence and wanting to do more. I've never done any carb work, and really want to learn. I'm afraid to open mine up, but was thinking of buying a broken one on ebay and rebuilding it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone has an old one they want to sell, I'd be interested.

Thanks!

Don

NaughtyG did an excellent job preparing this pictorial, it has all the info you need for tearing down & rebuilding your carbs.

Carb rebuild Part 1
Carb rebuild Part 2
Carb rebuild Part 3
Carb rebuild Part 4
Carb rebuild Part 5
Carb rebuild Part 6

I like the "buy a used one to rebuild" idea.

That way you can mess it up before you start on the real deal.

With the use of all the great stickies provided by members here the carbs aren't hard at all, it's mostly just a matter of being organized when you tear 'em down....

Don't be scared!

Back