Space Cadet?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MARS
emo30.gif

15 years and 1100 miles. What a waste!
LOFL!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine is an '85, and has only 1100 kilometers on it!!! Had 7200 km when I got it last August! Quite possibly a quarter mile at a time though

He says it would be a good investment. Perhaps in 50 years or so you may break even (so long as you don't ride it)

For very aggressive riding they are very awkward. Ever try to actually drag race one and get your feet up in time for the 1-2 shift. All at the same time you're trying to keep the front end down by laying on the tank cover.

There is a reason most sport bikes don't have them. You flat just don't have the control you could have with a more rearward position for your feet and forward position for your upper torso.

What's the problem with forward controls on a Vmax? I have them and would never go back and I'm sure I'm not alone saying that.

+1 , 4 sure , much more comfortable , especially after the drag racing 1-2 shift , LOL . Seriously , I don't really drag race the forward controls bike , or the stock footrest located one either . I enjoy letting 'em eat in second , third & fourth. Roll ons in second tend to keep the front wheel down and rubber on the rear tire longer.

Yea, I will say it is a bitch when your racing but at least with my smaller size and quick reflexes I still can do it but I definetly see what your saying Sean but I'm really not gonna risk my transfer case with burnouts and hole shots anyway but I am pretty aggressive when I ride, just not gonna pretend this this is a sportbike either. I ride by myself alot (which kinda sucks) but I enjoy just hotrodding around and getting into the Pa winding hills and once I got used to the forward controls, they feel more comfortable even when I'm riding hard. But I can see (especially bigger guys) that forward controls would be hard to throw your feet onto when starting out fast. Ed✨

They look about as refuggintarded as sissy bars:barf::boxing00:

You must be strictly a solo rider. Don't ever ride 2-up without a sissy bar. First time you hit 2nd gear, your passenger will be sitting on the pavement swearing at you. :rofl_200:Don't ask how I know . . .

You must be strictly a solo rider. Don't ever ride 2-up without a sissy bar. First time you hit 2nd gear, your passenger will be sitting on the pavement swearing at you. :rofl_200:Don't ask how I know . . .

Which is why I DO have the sissy bar on my Max... I might go for a shorter one in the near future though. Hell, twice on a Shadow, I have had my passenger almost come off. Now, multiply the power x4, and I can see all the reason in the world for having one of them.

If I do ever ride with a passenger, it will be woman. I will tell her to hold onto my dick! That way if she does start sliding, I'll make sure to slow down real quick

Latest posts

Back