Spark Plug Cleaning

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSGU1-4936

Reaction score
I have a bunch of spark plugs that got fouled when I had problems with my carbs, I got some of the black off, is there a solution or product that I can apply to clean them.

Thanks,

Ron

:ummm:

I just clean with a rag and then the engine will burn the rest of the crap off once it's running well.

Mark

I just clean with a rag and then the engine will burn the rest of the crap off once it's running well.

Mark

+1 to Marks suggestion...

I usually just take some brake clean to them and some emery cloth put a bit of anti seize on the threads and insert and let the engine clean them off...:thumbs up:

speaking of plugs..anyone just run a standard plug like a champion or autolite

I wish that was the case out here Shawn, at $4-5 each for a standard NGK plug I will try and clean them up.

Ron

thats my point for 5 dollar a plug..a cross ref to champion or another plug will be less them 2 dollar a plug....5 dollar a plug the price the dealer gets ?...or ngk just that much higher

thats my point for 5 dollar a plug..a cross ref to champion or another plug will be less them 2 dollar a plug....5 dollar a plug the price the dealer gets ?...or ngk just that much higher

I have found NGK to be the best out there... I have had nothing but issues with Champions. You replace plugs every 4-8 thousand miles so what's 20 bucks?:confused2:

DO NOT BUY THEM AT THE DEALERSHIP! They are dirt cheap at Autozone for the same plug.Last time I almost bought them at the dealership they wanted almost $8 each.I told them to stick them up their ass.

Yeah, I get all four for under $8 at O'Reilly's.

Mark

NGK all the way!

I found that out when I started messing with forced induction. I don't know anyone in my circle in Houston that runs any sort of F/I that doesn't run NGK's.

They are very good plugs.

Rusty

I have NGK Iridium plugs in my bike. To be honest, I haven't seen a big improvement over regular NGK plugs, but they do last a lot longer - have 25,000 + miles with them and no wear on electrode.

At $10 a plug are they worth it - :confused2:

Mike

Last edited:
Back