Speedometer what years red 55 mph indicator discontinued

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F 18 Driver

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I need to purchase a new speedometer and I just can't get over the 55 mph highlighted red indicator within the Speedo

I did a short piece of research and it seems that's from Pres. Nixon in 1973 in response to the OPEC oil embargo were the mile-per-hour speed limits were reduced to 55 mph nationally…

My machine is 1996, however I still find it too much of an irritant to replace it with the same Speedo and the ridiculous 55 mile-per-hour red indicator.

Regards,

F-18 driver

Hi everyone,

I need to purchase a new speedometer and I just can't get over the 55 mph highlighted red indicator within the Speedo

I did a short piece of research and it seems that's from Pres. Nixon in 1973 in response to the OPEC oil embargo were the mile-per-hour speed limits were reduced to 55 mph nationally…

My machine is 1996, however I still find it too much of an irritant to replace it with the same Speedo and the ridiculous 55 mile-per-hour red indicator.

Regards,

F-18 driver
I believe the 2003-2007s dont have the red mark. They go by 10s instead of 5s.

Back