"Spirited" Ride Today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
Well after the dyno and knowing the bike was running right, and such a nice day out today with a friend and I went out for a ride. Since we have an ongoing "we must race eachother with every vehicle we have" thing going on, of course we did. It was about the third pull we had I held first gear out, along with him, nail it, spin the back tire and Jason starts to pull out on me, no big deal, I pull around him pretty good in second. I snag second gear expecting to carry the front tire about 4-8" off the ground, but instead, the bike went straight up to 12 o-clock! Having never had the bike do this it scared the mud out of me so I got out of it rather riding the rear brake. I didn't have the rear brake covered, well, because the bike had NEVER gone that high before. I laugh about it and Jason and I continue to ride.
We get over the dam and both smell fuel but chalk it up to a bike in front of us. We get just past the dam and still smell it so we pull over. Sure enough, I have fuel running out of the overflow of my bike. Long story short, I get it limp'd to another friend's house up the road, plug the fuel pump back in after running the bowls out, rap on the bowls while the pump fills 'em, and it stopped. Our guess was a stuck float when I took the bike in my impression of a uni-cycle V-Max style.
Fun ride today, it didn't suck.

Back