stage 7 spark plug

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmcvey

Reaction score
I am new to owning a vmax. I have a stage 7 jet kit and I'm wondering what everyone is running for their spark plugs. I have the stock NGK plugs and they are fouled up. Iam figuring I need a hotter spark plugs but have no idea which ones to you. If you can help me out that would be great

I am new to owning a vmax. I have a stage 7 jet kit and I'm wondering what everyone is running for their spark plugs. I have the stock NGK plugs and they are fouled up. Iam figuring I need a hotter spark plugs but have no idea which ones to you. If you can help me out that would be great

Hotter isn't always better. Normally fouling is a carburation issue and not a spark plug. You might want to tweak your carb a little. A little jetting and a/f screw adjustment goes a long way.

I'm running a stock plug. No issues here. If you have them out of the bike, post a picture of them and what cyl they came out of. See if we cant give them a read for you.

The picture of the spark plug should be an attachment.

Attachments

• IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 73
Thats what mine used to look like when I had the P.O.S fuel injection system on it!

Yep, jetted too rich. Typical error when setting up the jet kits.

oh yeah, thats rich. Other than saying it's rich, there isn't anything thats not covered to give you other readings.

Take a browse through this thred; http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=16981 . There are quite a few set ups here. Just look for the ones that match your location (elevation). they're working set ups so they should get you in the ball park. :thumbs up:

What gap setting should one use when running a stage7? The same as stock or smaller or more of a gap????

First time on here:) I have a stage7 in a 2007 with UFO headers hot coils and wires tuned to. 93 octane should the gap on my plugs be stock or more or less?? Please help can't find anything on line . Thanks ahead of time for your help. ManicMike .

Latest posts

Back