Stainless Coatings..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
anyone have any experiences to share? my ceramic coating is flaking pretty bad so I looked into a few things and the guys here said with the right prep this stuff holds up very well (bead blast then wash very well with acetone):

http://www.eastwood.com/stainless-steel-high-temp-coating-kit.html

then put a header spray or coating on them. I'm going to call them later and see if they recommend the brush or spray on (available in a can only on ebay). They also sell a aerosol kit for like $15 for both the coating then the black finish (thinking about this):

http://www.eastwood.com/satin-black-high-temp-coating-kit.html

(aerosol kit):

http://www.eastwood.com/spray-tool-kit-w-extra-refill.html

would you recommend their paint on stuff, painted on or in their 'paint gun' or should i go for their aerosol can all in one?

did u use it on steel or stainless?

The exhaust maniforlds on the Tbird were the stock cast beasts. I just pulled them, glass beaded them then I used a sponge brush and bushed them. 4 years later they look like I just coated them when it was sold.

The exhaust maniforlds on the Tbird were the stock cast beasts. I just pulled them, glass beaded them then I used a sponge brush and bushed them. 4 years later they look like I just coated them when it was sold.

so you'd recommend just using both brush on products?

ever try anything stainless in general?

so you'd recommend just using both brush on products?

ever try anything stainless in general?

I would reccomend the brush on. then again thats the only one I used. Nope, I've never done anything with stainless other than polish and that was my old supertrapp can that I sold a couple of years ago.

I would reccomend the brush on. then again thats the only one I used. Nope, I've never done anything with stainless other than polish and that was my old supertrapp can that I sold a couple of years ago.

got it thanks man!

ceramic or powdercoating flakes off because of poor prep i reckon...
always blast, degrease and pre-cure before coating...

how would i achieve absolute awesomeness without a black exhaust?!?

however i talked with eastwood and they recommended actually just the regular black header paint for stainless with proper prep.

Thats why i have only said that "I dont understand" :icon_rolleyes:

you like the stainless look?

stainless is good if you are ever worried about bears sneaking up behind you! hah

see some varying results online, anyone know what the typical time you have between the 'cure' (of 24 hrs) and the latest you should 'cure' it by running it on the vehicle? I picked up the eastwood header stain black paint...

thoughts? Eastwood tech said after 24 before 48 hours. thats a small window. i've also read online you can wait months. i was thinking of a couple days... tough with the weather right now,, but its supposed to be 60! on friday.

Back