Start a VMF list for Brothers stuck on the road

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can handle most of the U.P.(Eastern & Central), Gaylord and north in the Lower Peninsula, and a for anyone in need, and the immediate area surrounding Sault Ste Matrie, ON, Canada.
I have a truck, tools (cheater bar too!), place to work, place to sleep/ camp and I'm planning on converting my quad trailer over to be able to haul a Vmax, I also can borrow a covered trailer most any time for a short period of time.
My phone # and email will be avaiable to contact me if traveling thru and having a issue you'd like to repair before you go much further.
This is a great idea to set up a support system for our members.:clapping:
EDIT: I now have a full fledgged motorcyle trailer, and hope to be building a workshop centered around motorcyle work later this summer (2012).

Last edited:
count me in for Central Arkansas, I have a truck, 14 acres, a large shop full of tools, and 3 cabins that we rent out. Still need a good cheater pipe, the tractor works pretty good if you need a lot of force!!!!

Hi, in Germany we have a list of registered users in our board. if someone has a problem he need an Internet connection, he looks on the postcode from the location of where he has the problem. Then he search about members from this area. They are voluntarily ( ? ) listed with there phone number. For example, with help for towing, tools, garage or even sleeping.
it?s a realy good idea to become help, and much more better as Automobilclub like AAA

It is sorted by the zip ( post ) code .

I hope you can understand my english ( Ufffff :) )

I think what we'll have can be printed in advance for anyone without a connection, rare in the USA and Canada today though. That's what I'll be doing. Making a list of people along my route that are willing to help me out. AAA doesn't tow in Massachusetts!

I live in western lower Michigan, no trailer but a pick up with ramp, can bring some tools out or transport back to my place for more extensive repairs, I can handle most of lower Mi, northern Ohio and Indiana.

Thanks for all the support for this! :cheers: You can fill out the application here. Steve (sdt354) and I will will sort out the apps and create a few formats to store the information. I think as some sort of document file ( such as a pdf) and I'm trying to create an online Google style map as our original format ideas. We are all ears for other ideas to present it, so please speak up with your ideas. Also let us know what information you would like to see added or deleted from the question form.

Security

Some of you have brought up a good point. Security.
To address that I'd like to make some suggestions.
First, this service is volunteer and anything out of the ordinary don't go if you don't feel right about it. Example: It's late and you get a call from a questionable area.
You don't have to post your phone number. Though it's more difficult, someone stuck can PM you.
If traveling, post on the thread the areas you'll be riding through, message members in that area you might be calling. It gives someone a little advanced notice that you'll be in their area.
Get to know as many people on this site as you can. Get out and ride with people on this site whenever you can. That makes things easier. And, you'll have a blast doing it.
Be active on this site. Don't lurk all the time or no one will recognize you.
Comments to further this are most welcome.
Steve-o

texting could alleviate some of that too steve. maybe an 'ok to send text first' or something similar.

I just wanted to remind anyone interested, with the riding season now upon us, the VMF roadside assistance program is in place. It would be great to get more participation. The best part of this is, it's free. There may come a time when no one else will be available. AAA in some states doesn't cover bikes.
I had a service I paid for that was quite usless last summer. Plus, just tech advise from the people here, that work on Vmax's is invaluable. Or, It'd be good to have a list of the guys willing to help out in an area you plan on visiting.
Have a safe, fun season guys,
Steve

Last edited:
Thanks for all the support for this! :cheers: You can fill out the application here. Steve (sdt354) and I will will sort out the apps and create a few formats to store the information. I think as some sort of document file ( such as a pdf) and I'm trying to create an online Google style map as our original format ideas. We are all ears for other ideas to present it, so please speak up with your ideas. Also let us know what information you would like to see added or deleted from the question form.
Bumped

Thanks guys, I screwed that up, by posting a link Gary had let me in to, to start setting up the Roadside Assistance thread.
uhm00000.gif

Steve

I can cover the Southeast Michigan/Northwest Ohio area - around the I-75/I-80 interchanges

Back