Start a VMF list for Brothers stuck on the road

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be willing to help out but CaptainKyle's 20 miles north. He's set up way better for an emergency repair... Gas, Plugs, Moral Support. Minor Repairs and I'm in...:confused2:

I'd be willing to help out but CaptainKyle's 20 miles north. He's set up way better for an emergency repair... Gas, Plugs, Moral Support. Minor Repairs and I'm in...:confused2:
Good to hear Dave. A formal list is in the works. Hopefully it will grow everywhere Vmaxer ride.
Steve

Last edited:
I am on the VMOA's list & more than willing to help here to. I have truck trailer & tools & a random 6 foot cheater bar in the truck if we need it.LOL

oh now it's a "cheater bar" and not just some steel i was so lucky you had forgotten in the truckbed? :rofl_200: dude thanks again. :worthy:

Well it was just a piece of steel untill we turned it into a cheater bar:rofl_200::rofl_200:

Some of the best cheater bars don't start life as a cheater bar....I once sawz-alled off a street sign (in the middle of the night) cause I needed a 'cheater'....made a damn good one too, in fact I may still have it!! :punk:

I think what we need is one of those maps kinda like the "where Ive been" maps where it puts a little thumb tach on the map with each forum memner(willing to participate of course) contact info.

the thought process there is lets say someone is stuck a block from my house...hes on the side of the road,the chances of him wanting to spend an hour looking for someone in the same state on his cell phone is slim. This would make it MUCH easier to just open the map tab,look at what state youre in and click on the "thumb tach" near you...

Just an idea, dont know how hard it would be to set it up.

Good idea, i'm in too...
So that makes 3 of us around pittsburgh that are willing to help out.
Anyone breaks down here, Me, Mike, or Ed got you covered!

I think what we need is one of those maps kinda like the "where Ive been" maps where it puts a little thumb tach on the map with each forum memner(willing to participate of course) contact info.

the thought process there is lets say someone is stuck a block from my house...hes on the side of the road,the chances of him wanting to spend an hour looking for someone in the same state on his cell phone is slim. This would make it MUCH easier to just open the map tab,look at what state youre in and click on the "thumb tach" near you...

Just an idea, dont know how hard it would be to set it up.

Thanks, keep the ideas coming. It's an idea we're very interested in. What the thinking is?, get on line, go right to this site on your cell phone, I?m sure It?ll be in your favorites. Click on the state, find what you need and dial away. And, yes eventually the map too. There have been problems with the Google map in the past, so I think the map will be in addition to an area list. Nowhere in the world excluded. They'll be options for people that can just provide tech. support, along with everything else within reason. 6 or 7 options for each interested participant. Sometimes when you?re stuck, just talking to someone might get you going again. Alone, and flustered on the side of the road, you might not be on the top of your game for logical trouble shooting. I know I'm not.
Steve-o

I got SW Florida covered. If not myself personally, then another local Vmaxer. Phone numbers sound most logical to me. Count me in. Never know when I might need a rescue!
PATMAX

I got SW Florida covered. If not myself personally, then another local Vmaxer. Phone numbers sound most logical to me. Count me in. Never know when I might need a rescue!
PATMAX
Our older TCI'S are like a light bulb Pat. Sometimes they just blow with no indication. I carry one on trips in my emergency kit. But, you'll never have everything you need. Anything can happen, aand will.
Steve-o

Our older TCI'S are like a light bulb Pat. Sometimes they just blow with no indication. I carry one on trips in my emergency kit. But, you'll never have everything you need. Anything can happen, aand will.
Steve-o
That is my latest project putting all of the electronics & flywheel & pick up coils off a 96 onto my 89

I think it's a great idea. I have SE Florida covered from Vero Beach to Ft. Lauderdale. I'd be happy to drive at least an hour to help another Maxer. Trailer, ramp, garage with tools and a spare parts bike sitting in the corner.

I also can't pass a bike on the side of the road without getting a thumbs up before driving on.

Anyone with the technological knowledge enough to set up an app as this thing moves forward? A map with members location and a popup window with phone numbers would be cool.

I think it's a great idea. I have SE Florida covered from Vero Beach to Ft. Lauderdale. I'd be happy to drive at least an hour to help another Maxer. Trailer, ramp, garage with tools and a spare parts bike sitting in the corner.

I also can't pass a bike on the side of the road without getting a thumbs up before driving on.

Anyone with the technological knowledge enough to set up an app as this thing moves forward? A map with members location and a popup window with phone numbers would be cool.

Great idea. But, it will be far simpler than that, to start. And ANY cell phone will work, as long as it get's you on the internet. Simple is good. Also keep in mind this is going to be free.
Steve

Bump to keep this thread alive. Be assured it's still being worked on. I've got stuff going on at the home front that's time consuming, but I'm determinned to get this off the ground. Ideas welcome always.
Steve-o

Hi, in Germany we have a list of registered users in our board. if someone has a problem he need an Internet connection, he looks on the postcode from the location of where he has the problem. Then he search about members from this area. They are voluntarily ( ? ) listed with there phone number. For example, with help for towing, tools, garage or even sleeping.
it?s a realy good idea to become help, and much more better as Automobilclub like AAA

It is sorted by the zip ( post ) code .

I hope you can understand my english ( Ufffff :) )

Back