Starter for 2019 VMAX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcwolfie

Reaction score
I was just told that the starter has failed and can not be salvaged...Does anyone have an OEM starter for a '19?? Also how is this possible? only 1800 MILES!!

Likely needs the brushes replaced at most. COULD have another failure that is more permanent but not as likely. Even then they don't generally fail that early.

Mine has 42k on it and everyonce in a while I have to give it a tap to start. Just havent got around to rebuilding or replacing it yet. 1800 seems very low, but the starters seem to be one of the most common wear items. Everything else has been rock solid.

I am at 3000 so I would have hoped there is no issue. @pcwolfie is hopefully the extreme case.

Any idea if the starter is used on other Yamaha models? If it is fairly common then no big deal. Otherwise I may just order one and put it on the shelf. Parts are going to get harder and harder to find.

I am at 3000 so I would have hoped there is no issue. @pcwolfie is hopefully the extreme case.

Any idea if the starter is used on other Yamaha models? If it is fairly common then no big deal. Otherwise I may just order one and put it on the shelf. Parts are going to get harder and harder to find.
[/QUOTE
I was just told that the starter has failed and can not be salvaged...Does anyone have an OEM starter for a '19?? Also how is this possible? only 1800 MILES!!
yes it’s strange but make sure it’s covers under Yamaha warranty

Back