Still missing at 4-6K...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, I'm telling ya if you're breaking up at 6000....then recovering at round 7500 rpm = bigger main. if you're using stock needles you should be bigger than the 160s.
If the stage 7 needles different ball game < 160s. (unless your at high altitude.)
Be patient......you'll get it. Minor change at a time.:eusa_dance:

Dale #2592

Dale,

I'm not breaking up in the 6-9K range at all. Matter of fact that is my sweet spot.

I'm breaking up from 4-6K and only under heavy load in a high gear...

I tried bigger mains (went from a 152.5 to a 157.5) and the bike ran like crap up top.

I then shimmed and it seemed to get a little worse.

So here I am with a big miss from 4-6K only when lugging the bike...If I floor it through the gears she does not miss a beat!

Give me some thoughts boys....

With these. I combined the 1/2 and 3/4 shims.

http://home.comcast.net/~onlyone12/carbs1.htm

Mark, even when I shimmed it did not get any better and acted about the same. If I went from lean to rich would it not act differently?

One thing I did notice was on one of the carbs where the white screw pushes the spring into the jet, the threaded part where the white screw goes was chipped in several spots. The white screw still fits in nicely and secures tightly but I thought I would mention that.

Abe

Sorry man....mixed up the other thread with yours. These carbs can be very sensitive when it comes to the needles and shims. I'm no expert but it sounds like you're really close to getting it right on. I still think it's got to do with the shim. You just gotta find the right one.
Mark and Sean can probably offer better info than I. With mine I ended up with 2 shims in my stock needles. I didn't measure them. And I did have a midrange stumble at 1 point.

Dale #2592

What I am experiencing is strange...It only happens from 4-6 when lugging the bike. If I floor it through the gears it won't miss at all...only when lugging and when it hits 6K BAM she fly's like an eagle....

Do you fixed this issue? I have same problem on my stock Vmax. :ummm:

Latest posts

Back