Stock times for our bikes?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mild83

Reaction score
I tried searching on the forum and google, but can't seem to find anywhere that has a comprehensive list of stock quartermile times for our bikes, in stock form.

Any suggestions or threads on here already?

I think inexperienced guys on the 'big side' can turn 11.5's or better pretty-easily, on an average 110-114 rwhp bike @ sea level on a 75+ degree day.

Experienced guys w/a intake & exhaust, maybe a sticky rear tire, on a cooler day, also sea level, can break into the 10's.

And if you are Jay Gleason under 10.5 seconds! Ten point three seconds if you wanna know.

http://motorcycles.yamahablogs.ca/2008/05/27/vmax-the-legend/

Don't expect to see 10's with a stock bike or even modified unless you are an incredible rider or riding the same bike yamaha "tuned" for jay back in the day. My personal best was about 11.40's on a 2005 that needed a back tire. Might have got a little more out of it with a good tire but not a lot.

Sean

Don't expect to see 10's with a stock bike or even modified unless you are an incredible rider or riding the same bike yamaha "tuned" for jay back in the day. My personal best was about 11.40's on a 2005 that needed a back tire. Might have got a little more out of it with a good tire but not a lot.

Sean

What do you think the minimum upgrades are required for 10s?

My best time ever is 12 even @ 113 mph. I weigh 135 lbs and live at 4500 ft elevation. Pretty sure with practice I could get into really high 11's but I know 10's aren't in my future

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Sean
I hear that, back when I was a bracket addict most guys on stock Maxes were mid 11 to low 12s. I watched a friend with bolt on mods (Kerker, stage 7, advancer etc) flog his bike for 2 seasons till the air/track/rider/and stars were all aligned and gave him a 10.9.
Good stuff.

Best run on a stock engine with kosman 17", kerker and jet kit was 10.98 @ 121.

I've not seen anyone locally or even on here post a 10 second pass on a stock engined bike (though I may have missed a post stating they did).

Nitrous or when our turbo kit eventually gets done will be the easiest way to do it.

Sean

Would love to make a few sea level runs. Our elevation isn't bad but our air almost always is. 1.71 is better then 99% of riders will get. My personal best on the stock motored vmax was 1.66

Sean

Looks like I'm fighting an uphill battle, lol. 290 lbs and a novice at launching at the track. 13s here I come!

Lots of great info in here about times/mods/weight/etc.

You won't have a traction concern lol! I expect high 11's when you get some track time and decent launch should be doable!

Sean

My best run on a gen I was 11.18 @123 on stock motor and chain drive,best time so far on the gen II was 10.39@ 130 bone stock with a ter
rible reaction time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9uRHdaaUuA&feature=plcp

11.50's on mine all stock minus slip on super traps, which I don't think would really add up to much more hp or rpm. Maybe a tad, but I would guess more from the weight loss then actual performance increase.

I weigh 210 and with gear I am guessin around 225 +/- ( full leather, full boots, gloves helmet etc ).

Full tank of gas on these runs, 32 psi in tires front and rear. And clutches were slipping a little ( Which is why I think it was a little faster ).

Best MPH was almost 119 mph, which is everything was right and I could launch the bike better, would in theory equate to 11.20's doing the math. But we know real world isn't necessarily all math and theory.

But I think on a cool day ( it was almost 100 degrees that day and 813 feet above sea level ) the bike could possibly run 11.30's.

Corrected ( from Wallace Racing.com , has huge selection of calculators ).

Your Run: ET - 11.57 MPH - 118.9
Corrected MSA: ET - 11.11 MPH - 123.84

Again I don't believe all numbers unless you run them. So I ll say a solid stock bike is probably good for 11.30-50's with a good rider and the bike in good shape.

Todd

Must be something wrong with my bike. Best I got was a 11.66@114 w/ 1.77 60ft

Thats not a bad run, and not to be a dick but maybe you could improve it with just a few more practice runs! A 11. 4 or 11.5 high 1teens is prolly good average.

1.77 60ft is a good launch.

What rpm do you shift at? Do you tuck on the bike ? There are lots of things that can affect a good run. Launch is usually the killer. But you had a good launch, sounds like the bike fell down on top end. Maybe your jetting is off or you short shift too much possibly. Again numerous things that could cause that.

Todd

I will be taking mine to Topeka ks . next month stay tuned to see a 10.?? pass time slip and video!!! No B.S. here

Back