Stopped by the law

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder what the grounds are to call in a heli? They obviously don't sound the alarm every time someone whacks the gas open instead of pulling over. Must be for people that are wanted for something else, caused a big crash, or in major metro areas where the PD has rapid access to one. Not out here in the sticks.

Yeah, in the city it was. I think they thought they might just check out the guy on a big black bike entering the freeway like he trying to get away fast. Mistaken identity I think.

They probably thought it was funny, seeing me climbing over the handlebars to try and see why my headlight was flickering. :ummm:

Forget the hayabusa Tim....find the nearest BMW m-cycle dealer and take the S1000 for a spin...it lays down more power than the 'busa and it's only a 1000 instead of 1300. At the local bimmer dealer, the first thing a salesman said to me was "would you like to take it for a ride?" No kidding. And the demo bike had the "race" ECU setting unlocked, and it was on super soft DOT slicks. "We want you to be able to experience this bike's full capabilities".

Trust me....it's a rocketship, and yet all the electronic wizardly makes it surprisingly easy to haul ass like never before. Point and shoot....no worries about wheelies, burnouts, nothing....just goes like a raped ape. Never ridden a 'busa but all the tests say it's faster, so who cares.

Though the new Kawi ZX14 is poised to take the "fastest production" title.

I was stationed down at Fort Bliss in El Paso, TX a while back. I was working as the brigade armorer and managing all of the sensitive items security for the brigade. I got a call from Installation alarms management saying that a few of our alarm systems had stopped responding to the monitoring station at about 1am. So I drag my ass out of bed and slide into a uniform and head to work on my V65 Sabre. It's very important that I get there as quickly as possible, plus the commander is blowing up my phone and I had no way to answer. So, when I got to the highway i let 'er rip. Wide open in 6th doing 156. I had nearly made it to the installation and I saw red and blues pulling ointo the highway. I wasn't going to stop for him considering I only had about 2 miles to get to the installation and he couldn't follow me on there anyway. And I thought there was no way he was going to catch me. The next thing I know, he is right on my ass and I had no more throttle left to give it, so I had to pull over. He jumps out of the car with his gun drawn yelling at me and then sees the uniform. It was like he flipped a nice-guy switch or something. He said Where in the hell are you going that fast? I explained the situation to him and he says ok, just don't be riding like that when there are other people around and let me go with no ticket. He was driving a late model Mustang persuit cruiser that caught me like I was sitting still. Aparently there were a lot of cops hiding down the road that had caught me on the radar because they were staging to bust a huge cocaine shipment coming into the US from Mexico. Just my luck.

I was stationed down at Fort Bliss in El Paso, TX a while back. I was working as the brigade armorer and managing all of the sensitive items security for the brigade. I got a call from Installation alarms management saying that a few of our alarm systems had stopped responding to the monitoring station at about 1am. So I drag my ass out of bed and slide into a uniform and head to work on my V65 Sabre. It's very important that I get there as quickly as possible, plus the commander is blowing up my phone and I had no way to answer. So, when I got to the highway i let 'er rip. Wide open in 6th doing 156. I had nearly made it to the installation and I saw red and blues pulling ointo the highway. I wasn't going to stop for him considering I only had about 2 miles to get to the installation and he couldn't follow me on there anyway. And I thought there was no way he was going to catch me. The next thing I know, he is right on my ass and I had no more throttle left to give it, so I had to pull over. He jumps out of the car with his gun drawn yelling at me and then sees the uniform. It was like he flipped a nice-guy switch or something. He said Where in the hell are you going that fast? I explained the situation to him and he says ok, just don't be riding like that when there are other people around and let me go with no ticket. He was driving a late model Mustang persuit cruiser that caught me like I was sitting still. Aparently there were a lot of cops hiding down the road that had caught me on the radar because they were staging to bust a huge cocaine shipment coming into the US from Mexico. Just my luck.

:rofl_200: That's funny....got lucky on that one! :clapping:

A few years ago in NYC, a buddy's son and his pals decided to pull over and smoke a joint....problem was they were right smack in the middle of a police stake-out....there were cops all over the place!! :biglaugh:

They ran the plate, got my buddy out of bed telling him to call his son and tell him to get the fuck out of that neighborhood....and to be a little more selective about where he 'burns one'! :punk:

My buddy's brother was a judge! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

even in the woods the chopper will see ya unless heavy tree canopy,you be surprised how much you can see from the air,hence why they use choppers to do search or chases. so ya fast bike tim or find tunnels/busy airspace/into a downtown core but then you cant go fast. just get a faster bike,the bmw is a super wicked bike, go try one tim, the shift is soo smooth and the ride is perfect.......
oh ya ryan the speed of sound is less as you go up in altitude or temp drops. harder to hit on ground then in air.
mmmm rocket powered bike, doesnt jay lenno have one lol

The "can't outrun the radio" is little more than a scare tactic used by cops to try and make people believe that you can't actually "run" from the cops.

Sure....radio waves travel at the speed of sound(768 mph, or a little faster at high elevations)....but what receives those waves? Another slow-ass crown vic. Radio waves do not disable your motorcycle and slap handcuffs on you so the l.e.o can catch up at his leisure and toss you in the backseat.

"the radio" is just a tool for communication. It's dumb and and only as useful as the operator. If the operator, i.e the cop you just sailed past at double the limit doesn't know where you disappeared to, it's worthless. If there's no other cops in the direction you're headed, it's worthless. If you, the hooligan, are smart, your direction will change asap after getting out of sight of the cop, which makes it useless.

radio waves are not sound waves. the are electromagnetic (light) waves). speed of light.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_wave

I so-wanted to take a pic of what I saw this morning at the entrance to Rickenbacker causeway in Miami FL. I didn't want to get arrested or beaten for videotaping it though.

A Miami PD police cruiser and a Miami PD motorman (Harley-mounted cop) collided in the intersection. The bike was on its side, the car had a big front fender ding, there was confectioner's sugar, donuts, and coffee all-over the roadway!

No one was lying on the ground, there were a couple of jackboot patrolmen standing together, and I couldn't see any broken limbs dangling, so I didn't bother to stop and offer assistance. Miami Fire/Rescue was not yet on scene.

Guess someone cut the corner too-close, drifted wide, or grounded-out their floorboards rounding the corner. It was the exit for I-95 southbound to go onto Key Biscayne, where Cuban banker Bebe Reboso used to house President (at the time) RM Nixon. They even had a heliport on Bebe's land, which was torn-up awhile ago because it was done w/no permits, and allegedly belonged to the US gov't. (done w/federal funds, declared 'surplus,' and removed as-such to avoid maintaining it and at the request of neighbors who didn't want a helicopter using it anymore since the POTUS need was no-longer). In the Watergate trial, it came to light that the national dairymen's association had made a donation of $400,000 cash to the Republican Party through Bebe Reboso's bank on Key Biscayne, and that money was distributed by Nixon's staff to the Cuban 'plumbers' who actually performed the Watergate break-in. The Cubans caught included members of the Bay of Pigs aborted 'invasion' of Cuba which failed when the USA refused to provide aerial support for the amphibious assault which came-ashore at the Bay of Pigs. If you like history, search more under 'Brigade 2506'.
L_2506.jpg
While the mercenaries which were training both stateside and in Central America, one of them died, his assigned i.d. no. was #2506, hence, the name of the invasion veterans organization for those who were not shot by Castro's military after being captured. Interestingly, the exile Cuban brigade began numbering their participants from #2500 to delude any Castro spies in the USA as-to the actual strength of the organization.
http://cuban-exile.com/menu2/22506.html

As the people who were involved in this are now in their 60's and beyond, once they are gone, their legacy will be the historical accounts they passed-down.

The boss of the construction co. for whom I worked before becoming a firefighter-paramedic in the mid-1970's had an Everglades hunting camp, and on it was a rustic cabin. One day in the early 1960's they arrived for a weekend of hunting and found it shot to smithereens, the Cubans who trained close-by had used it for target practice, and the federal gov't. paid the construction co. GC far-more than the little cabin was worth to mollify him over the damage, and as 'hush-$.'

If you like history, and especially history of the 20th century/Cold War, there are many links from this site's home page which i.d. the players and government members from the legislative and executive branches and of-course, input from the judicial branch, at local, state, and national levels, both in-support and 'otherwise' concerning the Cuban expatriates and their struggles to return to their homeland. Governor George Smathers and U.S. House of Representatives member Claude Pepper [also a US Senator for FL] were two of the behind-the scenes supporters who channeled assistance to the expatriates' efforts. Pepper was the oldest-serving member of the House of Representatives when he died, a powerful man sympathetic to those who wanted to fight Cuban Communism, though he himself was once referred to by U.S. Representative and successful challenging candidate for the US Senate George Smathers as "Red Pepper," this being around the time of Senator Joe McCarthy's HUAC hearings. Smathers defeated Senator Pepper to replace him in the U.S. Senate. Pepper would work as the Harvard Law School-trained attorney he was until he was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives later in the decade.

http://www.nytimes.com/learning/general/onthisday/bday/0908.html

Senator Smathers is frequently championed as a master of political doublespeak to rival anything coming from Karl Rove or James Carville.
Here is a link which explains what Sen. Smathers {then Rep. Smathers} is reputed to have said in a successful attempt to paint his opponent as a corrupt person who violates the commonly-held mores of decency, normalcy and freedom from perversion.
http://www.afn.org/~afn62971/pepper.html Find the quote under the first heading, "Claude Pepper's Life and Death." It is regularly mentioned in political science courses as an example of 'spin.'

Anyone who grew-up in the 1960's well-recalls the Cuban Missle Crisis, the Bay of Pigs, and President Kennedy's assasination, happening in that order, from 1961-3. In school we remember being told to exit from our desks, to sit or squat on the floor, and to cover the backs of our necks and, "do not look at the bright flash of light!" Another ditty was, "stop, squat, and cover!" If you were listening to the radio, at certain times of the day, you would hear, "This normally-scheduled broadcast is interrupted for a test of the Emergency Broadcasting System," after which a single pitch tone would be heard for approx 10 seconds, and as it ended, "This has been a test of the Emergency Broadcast System, we now resume our regularly-scheduled programming. Had this been an actual emergency tune to CONELRAD for further instructions." On your radial dial or bar dial of your AM radio were two tiny triangles, those were the tuning frequencies to-which you would tune your radio (assuming the electromagnetic pulse had not destroyed the circuits) so you could hear instructions from government 'after the bombs fell.'
http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/usa/c3i/conelrad.htm

Here is a site w/a goldmine of info on surviving a bomb drop, including actual CONELRAD radio alerts which were used. If you are a Boomer or older, this will probably stir-up some long-supressed memories.
http://www.conelrad.com/atomicsecrets/secrets.php?secrets=03

Here is a fascinating CIA declassified document (in 1997) cataloguing the Cuban freedom organizations, printed in 1962 (http://cuban-exile.com/doc_351-375/doc0370.html)

Yeah, I know this drifted away from the 'stopped by the law' thread, if anyone is offended by the content, ask the moderator to move it to its own thread and you have my apologies.

Last edited:
So they are Garrett. Could have sworn some middle school science teacher said something like that....or I just don't remember things right, which is probably more likely. Kind of a moot point anyway....can't outrun either until someone invents a faster-than-light drive and stuffs it into a motorcycle.

Bet that Mustang caught up to you because you weren't going anywhere close to 156mph....Magnas have famously optimistic speedometers. On my V30 it would over-read by 10-15%.....80 indicated was actually like 71 (stock size tires). It said that 500 would push it up to like 130, in reality it was about 110-112 on a GPS. Good 20mph optimistic.

156 indicated might have actually been like 125-130. I've never seen a Mustang cop car, but I suspect that stuff varies by state or region. Everything around here in Crown Vics, seen some city cops with hemi Chargers. Sheriffs drive chevy cobalts....lol

dude that is sooo true!!!!!! hahaha, better to let out the aggression with a little twist of the throttle then go home kick the dog and beat the wife right........

see steve just go and DO IT have fun on your bike, just no 100mph in the school zone, wait til 20 ft past then john force style bahahahhaha

Got that ROV, 20 FT
rofl_200.gif
then see ya........
Steve

So they are Garrett. Could have sworn some middle school science teacher said something like that....or I just don't remember things right, which is probably more likely. Kind of a moot point anyway....can't outrun either until someone invents a faster-than-light drive and stuffs it into a motorcycle.

Bet that Mustang caught up to you because you weren't going anywhere close to 156mph....Magnas have famously optimistic speedometers. On my V30 it would over-read by 10-15%.....80 indicated was actually like 71 (stock size tires). It said that 500 would push it up to like 130, in reality it was about 110-112 on a GPS. Good 20mph optimistic.

156 indicated might have actually been like 125-130. I've never seen a Mustang cop car, but I suspect that stuff varies by state or region. Everything around here in Crown Vics, seen some city cops with hemi Chargers. Sheriffs drive chevy cobalts....lol

i was a physics minor so that shit got drilled into me!

Bet that Mustang caught up to you because you weren't going anywhere close to 156mph....Magnas have famously optimistic speedometers. On my V30 it would over-read by 10-15%.....

I don't doubt that a bit,
My old V65 was reading 140 when it spit me off with a full blown tank slapper.

I was probably going much less.....

Even it it was only 120 it still hurt a bit..

I don't doubt that a bit,
My old V65 was reading 140 when it spit me off with a full blown tank slapper.

I was probably going much less.....

Even it it was only 120 it still hurt a bit..

From my time on the v4honda forums, it was generally agreed that a well running stock V65 was good for ~135 actual, given enough space and assuming you kept the shakes at bay. Which seems about right, since it's down like 20hp on the Vmax, and our bikes will run about 145.

The "vmax headshake" is not a vmax exclusive by any means. Any of the fast bikes from the 80's are plagued with it. Motor technology came a lot faster than chassis tech did. Like the Max, the frames just weren't up to the job of handling the speeds those motors could obtain.

COPRUNNER, I got ur messege.
FREERIDER SUPER SONIC, Ill be there in 30 seconds.

Ah, what do I say? I more than most know the consequences of running from the cops.

It is a choice, a vary quick choice you gotta make.

My driving record is now the cleanest its been since I got my licecse. 15 yrs ago. 3 more months untill my DUI comes off and Im into affordable insureance. WoooooHoooooo.

But, that comes at a cost. One is a good ticket lawyer and two is know when you can get away clean.

Example,
one sunday about six of us were coming out of the canyons and onto the highway and of course someone had to punch out wide open. The rest of us wernt just gonna sit around. That turned into six bikes covering about 17 miles in 6 minutes.(theres unposted video) When I took the ramp for the freeway I wanted to take to go my own way from the rest of the guys, guess what was sitting on the ramp turn?
A cop car.
I had slowed down to about 110 for the curve when I saw the cop car, he started pulling out onto the road before I even pasted him. FUCK, after what we had just done there was NO WAY on Earth that I was stopping. Mind you Im on the R1, I made my choice and rolled on the throttle, not enough emuuuffff for what I needed to do so I dropped two grears to 4th and PUNCHED OUT!!!! I didnt look back untill I was on another freeway 6-7 miles from where it started. I continued a good pace till I was on the other side of town and needed to get gas.
So, the moral of the story. Your choices have consequences. My consequence that day was I missed my good buddys Bday BBQ becuse I had to alter my corse away from my intened destination. And there was no way I was gonna try to go back that way.

COME RIDE WITH ME. Its an open invite to any of you guys.

Have a good day.

Consequences, yeah they for the most part Suck. I scooted from the law once in Dad's deuce and a quarter and once on the Max. Got away clean both times but that was a hundred years ago. Would I do it again? I want to say no but with a bunch of other bikes and I knew the road, it would cross my mind. I'm older, wiser, more to lose and hate pain so hopefully those would be deterrent enough. I would rather pay $500-$1,000 fine than ball up my bike and myself or worse, hurt an innocent person and that would include the Cop too stupid or unskilled as to know when not to chase a biker or cutoff a risky chase. In the end, we all make our own decisions and live with the consequences...

Back