Strip times

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beekeeper

Reaction score
Three of us hit 131 Motorsports park last night, I'll let the others post their times but here's mine, race weight 855 lbs.....12.11 - 12.10 - 12.08, all at 111mph, decent launches and shifts, all stock Max, wanted to hit the 11s but it is pretty consistent........................Tom.

I went with the beekeeper to Martin. First time running at the drag strip. I got three run on my stock max with Delkevic slip ons. The first run I got 12.21 @ 113.31 mph the second I got 12.00 @ 114.74 and the third I got. 12.68 @ 110.82 but I missed 2nd. I need to work on my launches. ....:rofl_200:

Good job you guys, keep practicing and your times will improve :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Good runs guys, and if fun was had its that much better !

Nothing like going down the strip. I sometimes get to race at the grudge nights. There are times when there will be 300 bikes, but maybe 10-15 or so will actually race. Its hard to explain the rush without racing yourself.

It was my first time and Tom and Jared were giving me tips on what to do and when I got up there it was over so fast that I wasn't sure what I did It was like a blur. I had a great time. Want to go again soon......:punk:

I too have a stock vmax execpt for supertraps and jetting. I haven't ran my vmax but this seems to confirm my gut feeling that it is not as fast as my old ZL1000. Back in the day I ran with a race club called Plesser Racing in Kansas City. Several had ZL's and I was the slowest with a stock bike running 11.7's.

Were your ZL's modified?..............Stock to stock a Max will get the job done first, our 3rd rider with us had a full Hindle 4-1 exhaust with stock jetting and turned high 11.6 times...................Tom.

"Fun-fun-fun at Martin 131 Drag-way-ee-ayyy!"

A good time was had by all, it sounds-like, and no mechanical or safety issues. I hope you decide to attend and participate a few more times before the snow flies. Keep posting 'em!

Sounds similar to the first time I raced mine, ran a bunch of low 12's but I had a Kerker and a jet kit (I was way rich but didn't know it yet) but I'm pretty heavy compared to you guys. Kept tuning and tweaking, stepped down the jets in the carb, strapped the front end and practiced my launches and finally got it to go 11.48 at 116mph (this is with a 300lb rider too) when it was stock wheelbase so with some practice you guys will get there, I'll tell you the launch is everything with these bikes because they just don't make much horsepower so you gotta do it all at the tree :)

Agreed, my 60ft times were in the 1.90 range, I'm sure I could hit the high 11s with a more aggressive launch......................Tom.

Agreed, my 60ft times were in the 1.90 range, I'm sure I could hit the high 11s with a more aggressive launch......................Tom.

Yuppers, get it into the 1.8's and you'll be there bud! With the 200/50-18 on my bike and being extended +3" I've gotten mine down to a best of 1.71 now and there's a little more in it yet... Strapping down the forks helps tremendously too!

60' times this year (at the only event I raced the Vmax) was in the mid/high 1.60's. Front end was not strapped but do have the bike stretched +3" and the Carr wheels with a 200 Shinko.

I have been into the 1.60s' with a stock length bike though I did have the front end strapped and a 17" Kosman on it.

Back