Stupid bike seller on facebook. 86 GoldWing fuel injected.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 85 and 86 honda was making Fuel injected models. 85 were red, 86 bikes were Gold. I had one. This guy advertised it as 83 Gas gas bike. It doesn't have title. Non-running with title it could go for about 700, w/o title it should be 200-300(?)
https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...ghtspeed_banner&referralCode=messenger_banner
Why would it be $200-$300 when he could part it out for a LOT more then that? Sometimes you can get lucky and find people that don't want to mess with it and just give the stuff away but that's not everyone.

Why would it be $200-$300 when he could part it out for a LOT more then that? Sometimes you can get lucky and find people that don't want to mess with it and just give the stuff away but that's not everyone.
It can take forever to sell a bike part from ebay, I used to do that. Not everybody is ebay seller. You can sell some parts, which break all the time. I still have some bike parts, already few years listed.

Your spot on, last year I got an 85 1200 SE fuel injected for $300, gold color. Of course it was rode hard and put up wet with 184K on the clock.

Last edited:
In 85 and 86 honda was making Fuel injected models. 85 were red, 86 bikes were Gold. I had one. This guy advertised it as 83 Gas gas bike. It doesn't have title. Non-running with title it could go for about 700, w/o title it should be 200-300(?)
https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...ghtspeed_banner&referralCode=messenger_banner
Just a clarification. Honda made an 1985 gold Gold Wing LTD that was fuel injected and a 1986 gold wing sei model that was pearl white and fuel injected. They didn’t produce in the USA a red fuel injected gold wing. Someone could of painted one of those red.

Just a clarification. Honda made an 1985 gold Gold Wing LTD that was fuel injected and a 1986 gold wing sei model that was pearl white and fuel injected. They didn’t produce in the USA a red fuel injected gold wing. Someone could of painted one of those red.
Thank you. I wasn't going to say anything. And if I was going to bob a 1200, it certainly wouldn't be one of the fuel injected ones. That's asking for trouble.

I am pretty sure mine was like this one, kind of cream color, not white, it was about 5 years ago or so. Only fuel injected models had bottom driving lights. If you are right about 85 (gold), that means the guy is selling 85.
honda gl 1200 aspencade 86 01.jpg

85 video

Back