Stutter problems - low to midrange

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooby1967

Reaction score
Hey Vmaxers, I just bought this 2006 a couple of months ago and sometimes it has hesitation on take-off and midrange between 3000-6000 rpm. The guy who had it before put one of those aftermarket 3-way switches on the v-boost system. The bike is getting horrible gas mileage (100 miles/tank). Any ideas? How do I disable that v-boost system to see how it runs in factory setting? Is it worth spending $2000. on VGAS from UFO? Can't bring it in to local Yamaha dealer as they don't sell that bike and mechanics aren't experienced with it and can only trouble shoot from a manual (at my expense of couse). Any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Bill

one of the 3 way settings should be stock and off and on at 3000 100 per tank is great millage the problem might be cause by somethink else i think

is the 100 miles before or after you hit reserve. If its after, than it is poor milage, depending on your riding style.

Welcome to the forum.......

Chances are you may need to do some level of cleaning to your cabs especially with the low & mid range problems as you describe.

So are you getting to 100 miles before or after reserve as previously asked?

Any other mods to the bike that your aware of?

Welcome to the forum.......

Chances are you may need to do some level of cleaning to your cabs especially with the low & mid range problems as you describe.

So are you getting to 100 miles before or after reserve as previously asked?

Any other mods to the bike that your aware of?

I agree with Mike, probably a good time to check the carbs. I followed the "CV Carb Tuning" section on the V-Max Outlaw website. And it worked really well for me.

http://vmaxoutlaw.com/main.html

Follow the link "VMax Tech & Info" on the left column of V-Max Outlaw site and scroll down to the "CV Carb Tuning Guide"

Latest posts

Back