Supertrapp Help Needed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

94 V-Max Rider

Reaction score
My friend just bought a 1999 V-Max with Supertrapp slip-ons. I removed the end cap to count the disks and ensure that they were installed properly. The problem that I encountered was when I went to install the end cap. I found that there was nothing for the Allen bolts to thread into. Here, I found that the nuts were held in place by the packing material and had slipped out of place after I removed them. I had to remove the core to position the nuts by hand so that I could get the bolts to start threading. Is this how Supertapp slip-ons are constructed? I can't believe something would be engineered so poorly.

The ones I had were pressed in but I had 3 nuts that came right out. Just a crappy design if you ask me

The ones I had were pressed in but I had 3 nuts that came right out. Just a crappy design if you ask me
So it seems. I had to remove the packing material to install the nuts and Allan bolts, which was secured around the core with mechanics wire. I also had to do the same thing to locate the nuts so I could install the bolts that hold the core in place. It appears as though someone was into these things at some point.

Back