supertrapp??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidwin

Reaction score
so i bought a "new" supertrapp from ebay and noticed that it did not have any clamps. is that normal not to have clamps with the installation? i got an awesome deal on a set of black ones. is that paint or powder coat? how do you clean it? i wiped it down with some brake cleaner to get my prints off it and saw some come off on a rag. over all i'm happy with the exhaust. i went 6 disc because 8 was too loud for me. god did i save some weight since stockers were 25 pounds.

thanks,
sid

It is not powdercoat. Brake cleaner will remove almost any paint. Use regular household alcohol for fingerprints, etc. Don't remember if they came with clamps but would think so. :confused2:

My trapps have a inner bracket near the rear that bolts on to the swing arm area, no clamps for where the pipes slip on. Did you have to loosen the header bolts to get them on? I use Simple Green for cleaning purposes. Also mine are not powder coated

Attachments

• IMGP0003.JPG
    IMGP0003.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 14
No loosing of header I used a floor jack and pry bar. Put some anti seez on the header and a wood block and hammer.

Thanks!

Back