T Boost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

113s&s

Reaction score
seen dyno charts searching the net that show the t boost at open 3000 rpm is down on tq and hp..says the 6000 rpm open is the best setup,,,say the stock setup is hard to beat..think ill go with a shift instead

I still have the stock setup, but at one time I was thinking of installing a t-boost setup. If that's the case with torque and horsepower - why has it been a successful seller as a Vmax mod ? Just wondering ?

Many riders say they like the option and like what it does to the bike. Bottom line I guess that if it doesn't cost too much - a see for yourself, test ride is the only real way to determine if it was worth it.....:ummm:

THey like it because of the small throttle angle punch you get below 6000 rpms. If you romped to WOT then yes...you lose torque and horsepower.

Mark

id probably say for the price of 45 50 dollars you cant get hurt,,in theory it sounds good..in lower rpm it slows down velocity.......yamaha knows how to make power its a 6000 rpm for a reason....

I keep my Vboost wired open at all times and love it, I won't say it runs better that way but definetly not worse and the idle is killer sounding:eusa_dance:

I wouldn't mind having a T-boost just to have something else to play with or whatever that controller thingie is that someone sells that is adjustable while on the fly from closed to open or setting it to any rpm in between....

I do think that stock setup probably does beat anything else.....I just like the wicked idle of open all the time to be totally honest.

I keep my Vboost wired open at all times and love it, I won't say it runs better that way but definetly not worse and the idle is killer sounding:eusa_dance:

I wouldn't mind having a T-boost just to have something else to play with or whatever that controller thingie is that someone sells that is adjustable while on the fly from closed to open or setting it to any rpm in between....

I do think that stock setup probably does beat anything else.....I just like the wicked idle of open all the time to be totally honest.

any product that can tweek your mind for that price and give ya something to play with is worth it,,,,,dont think they push the t boost as a hp gain,,atleast it does what they say opens at 3000....but i also learned what shows on a dyno and what happens in the street are two differen things

TBoost, manual boost, and any other variation of them, all offer performance gains over stock if the rest of the engine is set up right. The carbs need to be set right and a good exhaust will help.

Yamaha set vboost at 6000rpm for safety reasons, they had to consider all types of riding conditions and riders.

My personal choice is a manual boost where I am in control of how much boost and when it's on. I have tried TBoost, stage 7 full boost (all the time) and a manual boost and for the street, they will all increase the fun factor of the vmax. I just depends on what you want for your riding style

If you want T-boost it's pretty simple to buy the Diodes at radio shack and build your own. I think the diagram is on Vmaxoutlaw.

I had to do a very similiar Mod to get a shift light I use to run on my bike to work properly before I went to the Raptor.

Rusty

With the Stage 7 kit in my bike it's tuned to have the V-Boost open and un-plugged at all times. It's all in the set up.

good info ...so where im planning to keep my vmax stock carbs pipes ect..theres no power gain only a loss with stock state of tune.......

good info ...so where im planning to keep my vmax stock carbs pipes ect..theres no power gain only a loss with stock state of tune.......

Yes but the kick in the pants at that speed is really fun!:clapping:

You can fine tune. Mains might be a bit rich depending on altitude. Could also fine tune pilot mixture screws. Everything else, leave as-is.

Mark

I have a tboost sitting in my garage collecting dust. it's the one with the switch so you can go from 3,000- or to 6,000 rpm's when you want. If anyone wants it, i will give it up for free. I went with the stage 7 and don't need it anymore. I'm feeling generous today so the First person to p.m. me wins :thumbs up:

I have a tboost sitting in my garage collecting dust. it's the one with the switch so you can go from 3,000- or to 6,000 rpm's when you want. If anyone wants it, i will give it up for free. I went with the stage 7 and don't need it anymore. I'm feeling generous today so the First person to p.m. me wins :thumbs up:

No no no... You should give it up for a 10 dollar donation on the site! :whistlin: :thumbs up:

Ok Hubeerjw declined cause he's messin with his carbs. So i like the idea of a mere $10 donation to the forum for the tboost. keep in mind it costs $45 new from vmax outlaw and the money is going to a good cause :eusa_dance: i'll even pay the shipping if it's in the states. Any takers?

Ok Hubeerjw declined cause he's messin with his carbs. So i like the idea of a mere $10 donation to the forum for the tboost. keep in mind it costs $45 new from vmax outlaw and the money is going to a good cause :eusa_dance: i'll even pay the shipping if it's in the states. Any takers?

It may get lost in here so you might think about starting a new thread... I can merge these into one if you like...

I ordered one of these today...the Max Boost II from Python. Frankly, I am tired of waiting for 6k on a second gear roll on. :biglaugh: I am curious to see how it works.

Mike

I ordered one of these today...the Max Boost II from Python. Frankly, I am tired of waiting for 6k on a second gear roll on. :biglaugh: I am curious to see how it works.

Mike

While your waiting for the tboost - you may want to try to disable the vboost at fully open just to try it out.

Easy to do, take airbox off, when you turn the key on, you hear the vboost cycle twice normally - to do this trick - turn key on and when the vboost cycles once (vboost open) unplug the round electrical connector, which is in front of the right front carb ( connection for the servo motor) You now have full boost open all the time, put airbox back on and see the power difference.

Also a good idea to disconnect the vboost control module (again round plug) under the left air scoop - not to fry it out.

Mike

Can anyone tell me why the resistor is needed in the diagram in the following link:

http://vmaxoutlaw.com/main.html

I'm going to try and get my 5" tach to work and wanted to know if I could just get the 2 diodes or if the resistor was necessary.

Thanks,

Jeff

Back