T. rex strapless tiedown

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Many years ago,"

"How-many years, Mr. fire-medic?"

"My Yamaha RT-2 360 Enduro was new," he said. "I was using it for both commuting to work and for playing in the SW MI sand-&-gravel pits, and for an occasional enduro. I met a guy who had a Maico 250, which at the time was pretty-much the state-of-the-art for motocross. He used to carry his bike in the back of his van, as those of us who had the cash to have a vehicle capable of transporting their playbike did (I didn't). Whe we were going to go to a local quarry, he showed me his setup for transporting his Maico. He had two ANCRA rings fastened to the floor of his van, and he used two turnbuckles w/double hooks on them, one end on the stationary floor ring, and the other end which hooked-over the footpeg mounting. He'd sit on the bike, compressing the suspension, and hook one side of the bike & then lean it to the other side & hook the other, No straps, just a home-made chock for the front wheel and the turnbuckles. It worked like a dream. This system in the youtube video uses a rear-axle adapter which could probably do double-duty as a vehicle lifting point for a rear-wheel track stand."

I still have the 360. :punk:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Rex-Motor...iler-Restraints-for-sport-bikes-/300906629663

Back