Tachometer fluctuations

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildweasel_pt

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have been experiencing some fluctuations on my tachometer. Im steady at speed and throttle and usually my tachometer has fluctuations of 500 and sometimes even 1000 RPMs. I also have a small fluctuation on the tempereature needle but that is fairly smal but it moves up and down as well. Have you seen this before or do you know what may be causing this? Thank you in advance...

Hi guys

I have been experiencing some fluctuations on my tachometer. Im steady at speed and throttle and usually my tachometer has fluctuations of 500 and sometimes even 1000 RPMs. I also have a small fluctuation on the tempereature needle but that is fairly smal but it moves up and down as well. Have you seen this before or do you know what may be causing this? Thank you in advance...

Mine's been like that for years, mostly fluctuates only when I've changed gears, then settles down to fairly steady. I know it's not the electrical system, because I have a spare that I've tried, (unfortunately, not the same font), which is rock steady.
There are two return springs internally, one of these is probably weak.
Cheers!

Back