Tales of glory: Who have you dominated with your Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don't have a 4-wheeler that rips your head off. But, how about these for old school rebuilder pics. My ol 83 V65 that I sold to help pay off my 07 Vmax and I dont regret it. Even though they are definitely not the sexiest bike ever made. They are probably why the Vmax exists and one helluva lot of fun to ride with comfort and quickness to make you smile.

Nice carbs, huh:Shocked:

Last edited:
Don't have a 4-wheeler that rips your head off. But, how about these for old school rebuilder pics. My ol 83 V65 that I sold to help pay off my 07 Vmax. Definitely not the sexiest bike ever made, but a helluva lot of fun to ride with comfort and quickness to make you smile.

Nice carbs, huh:Shocked:

I'd like to know what all had to go into restore these hondas that you have done.Complete frame off restorations?

Both of them are very well done.The Super Magna and V65. Great Job!

I'd like to know what all had to go into restore these hondas that you have done.Complete frame off restorations?

Both of them are very well done.The Super Magna and V65. Great Job!

Thanks Sean :thumbs up:

The Super Magna was a frame down and back up. A LOT of time and money, but all in all....really not that bad. My buddy rebuilt the engine and I did everything else, less body part paint. The biggest challange was trying to find discontinued parts that were reasonably priced and polishing POS parts. :bang head:

The V65 was a quicky. Other than the engine out of the frame. Everything was taken off the bike and either cleaned, sanded, painted, polished, powdercoated or replaced.

Long story short. I bought both bikes for next to nothing and rebuilt them as a challange and goal to myself. Its a great hobbie to have and kept me outta trouble.:whistlin: But, I got burned out and had to have a Vmax. Man I miss that 6th gear on the V65 :)

Last edited:
That V65 sounds like a lot of work.
My buddy's 84 is a tight squeeze. Those Honda engineers really stuffed that motor in there.

I can't find a dyno around here that will run an ATV.
I'll just have to guess that I'm putting out a little more than a stock Seca and guess it's somewhere around 90hp.

I thought I put that thing on here.
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=1328

Last edited:
That V65 sounds like a lot of work.
My buddy's 84 is a tight squeeze. Those Honda engineers really stuffed that motor in there.

I can't find a dyno around here that will run an ATV.
I'll just have to guess that I'm putting out a little more than a stock Seca and guess it's somewhere around 90hp.

I thought I put that thing on here.
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=1328

Thats insane:surprise: I love it:thumbs up: Good job:clapping:

I beat a guy on a 250 Zundaptt. It was close. Then I got on my VMAX.
Seriously some dude with his custom $40000 texas chopper with a S&S engine. I had my girl on the back. But his buddy on a Gixxer smoked me.

Latest posts

Back