TCI Brain dead

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bozogonzo

Reaction score
hi all
I have a major problem, my baby max is is sick. Its brain box is blown from too much power. I either need to get another one ?, or get this one fixed ?. Can anyone help. Its 1987 full horsepower, the brain unit is Hitarchi TID14-43 IFK-10. I live in the poorer regions of lower Sandy Beach OZ. (note I am a first timer with a major problem any help would be greatly appreciated )
Regards
bozo

hi all
I have a major problem, my baby max is is sick. Its brain box is blown from too much power. I either need to get another one ?, or get this one fixed ?. Can anyone help. Its 1987 full horsepower, the brain unit is Hitarchi TID14-43 IFK-10. I live in the poorer regions of lower Sandy Beach OZ. (note I am a first timer with a major problem any help would be greatly appreciated )
Regards
bozo
http://www.rmsportmax.com/ calling is best. John doesn't always get to his email. He calls back though. You might get a used one too. Kyle, Sean?
Steve

How did you determine the box received too much power ? I'd suggest you fix that situation prior to throwing another box at it , and welcome to our addiction.

I agree with above, make sure that too much power is the issue first, as the VMax isn't known as producing a lot of DC power.

Thanks for the suggestion. The rectifier/regulator failed causing the battery to boil dry,and spike the tci unit.

CaptainKyle may still have an early unit off one of the parted out bike...

Latest posts

Back