Test and Tune vidio milan dragway

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job mike. Each run got a little bit better. A bit more practice and u might get in the 10s.

I dont know about the ten's. My 60ft was a 1.8717 and the bike is bogging alot out of the hole so i should be able to pick up 2 to 3 tenth's on a good run. Im coming out of the hole at 6200 rpm's so on satuday i was thinking of going up to 6500 rpm when i launch. I also have stage 7 springs and maybe i need to go with stock springs. Im also on curv 4 on the dynatek 3000 so maybe i can play with that. I also think i can shift at a higher rpm. I have the light set at 9200 rpm's and the 3000 at 9500 rpm. Im thinking of going to 9600 on the light and 10000 on the 3000. Dale walker says to shift at 10200 but red line is 9500 and i dont think its a good idea without heavyduty valve springs. I wish i would have installed them when the valves got adjusted. I might check into the cost. I want to stay as stock and as depedable as possable. The way it sits now its all of that. You all need to go to the track and try it. I new it would be fun but it turned out to be way more fun than i thought. It got vary real for me my first roll out onto the dragstrip but after the first pass i was ready for more. Dont cut yourself short you own a vmax take it to the dragstrip for at least one run down the strip on test and tune day. That one run will be for you to remember the rest of your life. Even if you dont have a great hole shot your max will keep you in the 12's so go for it.

We don't need no stinkin dragstrip!

Yeah the strip is the place to be unleashing you Vmax but I don't have such self control.
Yes I'm weak, immature and impulsive. Drag strip is a good place to break your bike while an ambulance is present.

Hell I think im harder on my bike when i ride the street. But than again i am from michigan and i do ride with michigan maxer's.

Well as soon as I get a trailer I'm going!!! He'll I bang through the first four when I'm out doing some everyday hooligan rIden so why not see if I can break into 11's

steve i dident trailer on saturday and i felt it was better for me and the bike. alot less work and when i got to the track i had a good feel for the bike. I will be riding to martin when fox motorsports has the free fathers day track day. I called them and the guy said its free to get in and its free to race. Also said some free food.

I ride to and from the track also, we should all meet at martin for this event and make a few passes..................Tom.

Maybe I'll just go to watch, but then Mike will start talking smack and I will have to pull up and show him how a real rider tames the Mighty Max!!!

It will be hard to see you from the rear view steve.

Negative Gohst rider.... All you will see is my yellow FLASH as I boost past your UFO... Wahahaha (sinister laugh out loud)

I will be at the dragstrip put up or shut up.

Some good runs there Mike... Maybe a bit more slipping the clutch on the launches to keep the rpm up and momentum going?

I honestly don't know... Just a suggestion to help with your 60' times. I know the max can do way better than a 1.8 60'

The max can. But i have to be able to also. This is all new to me and i only have 5 runs under my belt so i feel im doing ok. I did what you said and pulled a cool wheelie and hurt my time. So im going to run as many runs as i can and start out slow with the clutch and push harder and harder each run until i find the sweet spot. I have talked to a few people about the sweet spot and i know what to look for. Its all about getting time in the seat for now and what better time than a free day at the track.

Latest posts

Back