Thanks Vmax forum and Lvlhead

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TK3333

2000 VMX1200M
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just want to say thanks to Lvlhead and this site. I got my Max brand new in 2000 and it ran great for 8 years. 2 years ago after sitting all winter I started having problems with it idling. It ran good if i kept it revved up but if I let it idle it would stall. I figured it was from letting the fuel sit in it all winter :bang head:. Not being able to afford putting it in the shop to get it running right, it sat for 2 years getting minimal use. Then, I found this site and Lvlhead's Shooting the Shotgun. Well I gave Max the "Shotgun" today and BANG on the road again. :eusa_dance: I am a decent mechanic but just did not feel comfortable taking apart the carbs, but with these instructions it was pretty easy. I just can't believe how good it runs now. Now I have to make up for all the lost miles.

Great! :clapping: Glad the riders here helped you get back out on your VMax! :punk:

Sounds like another satisfied customer to me Buster!
PS. Who IS the Mod Monkey?

Don't think anybody knows Pat, we've had a team out in the bush looking for him for a week now with little success!

For what it's worth tho, it appears there are several of the smelly little buggers sneaking around.....but the leader??? :ummm:

No clue whatsoever!! :confused2:

I am the Mod Monkey, you are the Mod Monkey, we are all the Mod Monkey......:rofl_200: Cryptic enough:confused2: Just thought I would clear the air a bit.......

On a serious note, the Mod Monkey has only the best interests of ALL Vmax owners everywhere. I have committed myself to assisting owners with those difficult decisions as to what to mod next on their bike. Occasionally I/we (if I consult the MMRB) will provide tech tips along with purchase tips to ensure that people don't "waste" their cashola. Remember, I appreciate ALL mods, not just expensive ones, that add to what you believe your bike should look/perform/handle like, no more no less.

PS: Buster has been sworn to secrecy.

ok, who hasnt posted in a while...

my vote goes to..
4gasem
shawn kloker
thevmaxrider could be playin us, he practically is a real life mod monkey
maybe ragingmain?

well whoever you are, we'll figure it out!!

ok, who hasnt posted in a while...

my vote goes to..
4gasem
shawn kloker
thevmaxrider could be playin us, he practically is a real life mod monkey
maybe ragingmain?

well whoever you are, we'll figure it out!!

Hey now, don't blame me for the actions of this Monkey guy! I want to find the Mod Monkey and throttle the bastard just for what he has done to me. I too have been wracking my brain cells in an attempt to id the perp, but now success as yet. I am with you though, we will figure it out!!

Latest posts

Back