Thanx sean

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthair88

Reaction score
It made me a little nervous but I used the spade connectors, seems like a tigh fit, I used a black low profile switch, mounted it on plastic cover next to key. works like a champ! ya saved me the trouble of pouring thru the schematics. Why in the heck does yamaha have the fan turn on so very late?? I never heard it run befor I installed this switch...lol..

P.s. other than soldering that crimp connection next to the battery ( already did that, increased voltage by .68 ) what are any other basic mod's I should know?

Uh oh, you're asking a loaded question. There are a lot of mods and people all have opinions. I imagine there is a thread or two in here that you can find about it.

There are threads about all this stuff to get in better detail. Some will be in the general area and some will be in the Muscle Section.

Brakes (look for the busa conversion thread)
Seats
Chrome
Paint
Solid Mounts
Wheels
Header/Jet Kit
Overdrive Trans

and the list goes on

Sean

shorthair, the only 'mod' that comes to mind that doesn't really invovle any new parts is checking ur stearing head bearings or get a welded ring or washer and do the furbur.

shorthair, the only 'mod' that comes to mind that doesn't really invovle any new parts is checking ur stearing head bearings or get a welded ring or washer and do the furbur.

Iv'e heard something about that befor, is'nt it to get rid of high speeds shakes? for some reason I have no problems from 0-150, she floats around a bit starting at 130-135 discourageing me strongly from changeing lanes quickly, but really no shake issues.

more or less to fix the decel wobble @ 45mph hands off bars.

Iv'e heard something about that befor, is'nt it to get rid of high speeds shakes? for some reason I have no problems from 0-150, she floats around a bit starting at 130-135 discourageing me strongly from changeing lanes quickly, but really no shake issues.
If that is happening to you your either picking up some areodynamic lift or maybe your swingarm bearings may need to be adjusted. Possibly your suspension could be set too soft.
We don't have too much to hide behind like the plastic bikes do so positioning really helps me. I must have a air bubble behind me that you could fit a buick in when I'm above 130mph. :biglaugh:

Back