That last three tenths of a gallon.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dialtapper

Reaction score
Has anyone came up with a mod to top off their tank with out waiting?

Simple vent mod?

Are you talking about the fliptop gas caps like those from Dodge in the 60's?

Attachments

• $(KGrHqF,!hEE85leGmTOBP,-dL7O,Q~~60_12.JPG
    $(KGrHqF,!hEE85leGmTOBP,-dL7O,Q~~60_12.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 16

Simple vent mod?
You mean you don't like having to waite for the gas to go back down several times before it's full.
I don't like it eather. A vent thing would be great if it worked. Some times I'll shake the bike to get the gas to go down.:confused2:

Simple vent mod?

If you disconnect the rubber vent hose at the top of the tank, you will notice a brass orifice plug in the vent pipe. My guess is that this was installed to restrict gas leakage to a minimum, in the event of an accident, even though the vent line eventually goes into a tip-over valve (at the back of the battery box.) Removal of the orifice plug would certainly increase the volume of air vented when filling, but I don't know if this would decrease filling time significantly.
Cheers!

Need to just wiggle the bike a little and it will let you fill faster.

Need to just wiggle the bike a little and it will let you fill faster.

+1
I just push down on the bike tailpiece and compress, spring up kinda maneuver a few times and it "burps" that air pocket out that is created by being on the side stand.

If you disconnect the rubber vent hose at the top of the tank, you will notice a brass orifice plug in the vent pipe. My guess is that this was installed to restrict gas leakage to a minimum, in the event of an accident, even though the vent line eventually goes into a tip-over valve (at the back of the battery box.) Removal of the orifice plug would certainly increase the volume of air vented when filling, but I don't know if this would decrease filling time significantly.
Cheers!

Thank you!

Sounds like it might cure the problem. I'll try it and let you know.

Latest posts

Back