the 97 Verminator is Aliiive

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry barker

Reaction score
Thanks to all for your assistance in helping me build this bike. Sean Morley (the myth, the man) really stepped up to help me create this bike that most likely would have ended up in the parts bin. Let's just say there were numerous wish lists, missing parts list, and opps I am missing that list to assemble the bike you see here.
This thing handles and rides like a modern bike, there is no substitute for good suspension components and a stiff frame.
Why Verminator? glad you asked. My good friend Vernon Hathaway sold me the two truck loads of parts that I used to convert a pile of really nice parts into a running Vmax.
Thanks for allowing me to share my latest Vmax story, hope to ride with some of you soon.
Barry

Attachments

• 106.jpg
    106.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 111
Looks great Barry! Seeing my Yeller in Eureka in 2014 obviously helped in your paint scheme. ;)

Looks nice. I like the color (yellow is the fastest color you know)

It's looking great for sure! Glad to have helped with this project!

Looks great. Are you bringing it to Eureka Springs this year?
If I can make it the Vmax will get the nod. I should be able to come up for at least one night depending on our work load at Remember When.

I sure am glad you posted up that notice about the Chinese adjustable clutch lever being a little out of spec. My clutch lever would engage at the very end of it's travel, and I am sure the clutch was slipping some. I had to take 4 mm off of my push pin to get some play in the clutch lever. Now i have good engagement, just need to update the clutch spring.

Looking GREAT Barry. Hope to see you this spring somewhere.....be it at the TX spring rally, or the Eureka rally....or both.

Say hi for me to that elusive character known as Vernon Hathaway the next time you speak to him. Loooooooong time, no hear from him, nor ride with him. I hope to see him this year as well.

Looking GREAT Barry. Hope to see you this spring somewhere.....be it at the TX spring rally, or the Eureka rally....or both.

Say hi for me to that elusive character known as Vernon Hathaway the next time you speak to him. Loooooooong time, no hear from him, nor ride with him. I hope to see him this year as well.
Ditto, i plan to make the Hill country rally in April and as stated before, hopefully at least a couple days in Eureka.
Thanks to all for the compliments, they do mean a lot. I got pretty lucky on this build. Vernon has great taste, and Sean is very helpful. I really didn't have a bunch of money to spend for another bike, but this was just to nice to pass up.
This is what I started with, so if anyone is on the fence about resurrecting a Vmax, it can be done, with what i think is pretty darn nice results. You just have to do most of the work yourself.

Attachments

• 107.jpg
    107.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 32
If I can make it the Vmax will get the nod. I should be able to come up for at least one night depending on our work load at Remember When.

I sure am glad you posted up that notice about the Chinese adjustable clutch lever being a little out of spec. My clutch lever would engage at the very end of it's travel, and I am sure the clutch was slipping some. I had to take 4 mm off of my push pin to get some play in the clutch lever. Now i have good engagement, just need to update the clutch spring.

Your very welcome. I'm glad that you got some use out of that thread.

Sharp looking bike! Wise choice with the Carrs, they make a WORLD of difference! Not to mention add a lil bit of exclusivity, lol.

Very nice bike...could you tell me more about those wheels please?
I think Fire Medic just did.
The tale of the tape, or weight
Marks exhaust -30#
Carrozzeria wheels -12#
Radial tires not sure, has to be something
Works shocks - 5#
centerstand - 2#
COPs - 3#
Battery -13#
Add backrest + 4#
add braced SA + 4#
That's a weight loss of 57 pounds, which should put the wet weight at 567 pounds. :eusa_dance: It sure feels nimble for a Vmax!!

Back