The never ending list

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Just need to vent a little frustration. Seems like everything mechanical around me is either broke or needs maintenance work. I've got my own projects plus, the family likes to dump their stuff on me.

Brother in laws truck - Busted tie rod to pitman arm, u-joint, brake lines (fixed the first two items, this one is sitting at the in laws)

Vmax- cracked engine block, exploded u joint, shredded yokes, swingarm carnage (in process, in my garage)

Family member quad- bent frame, broken plastics (a soldering iron DOES work to do plastic welding), smashed speedo, misc brackets, racks, and ignition switch. No brakes (in process, in my garage)

Family member YZ 100- flat tires, broken spokes, needs rings (lurking in the dark corners of my garage waiting its turn)

Lawn tractor- blown head gasket, bent pushrod, shredded flywheel fan, needs valves adjusted (in process, sitting at the shop @ work)

Other lawn tractor- Just a POS. Too many issues to list but bad tensioner and burnt belt are topping the list right now (sitting in my garage, needs tended to asap, or need to fix the other and bring it home)

CR500- Needs wheel bearings front and rear, steering stem bearings, tires, and most likely rings. Oh, it needs a clutch basket too. I'm done filing it. It notches too quickly after I file it. Oil change, filter needs cleaned......(waiting its turn in the garage)

PW80- Screw it, it runs good enough. Still not right though. Not sure what the issue is with this one (hangs out on the back porch)

Cousins TTR 125- Needs a front tube. Prolly needs a filter clean, oil change, chain tightened and who knows what else since he is 18 and doesn't know the difference between a ratchet and socket. (sitting at his house)

Cousins KXF 100 or whatever it is- Needs a rear tube. See TTR 125 comments

Wifey's Pacifica- No A/C even after charging it. Needs tires. Needs oil change. Needs traded in for something with less than 130K miles! (sits in driveway, too much crap in the garage, LOL)

OK, I feel better now. Whats on your plate?

i hear ya man.

1989 hawk - stem bearings, wheel bearings, cush drive rubbers, fork seals, rear tire, chain, sprockets, pads, brake fluid flushed, need to insure/register it, general cleaning, radiator fan doesn't work

vmax - water pump is leaking oil from gasket, and coolant from drain hole

blazer - had to bring it to the shop. $2500 in repairs needed. the cat is shot, map sensor, intake gasket, shocks are shot, etc etc.. i don't have the tools or the time to do auto repairs.

not to mention all the crap at the house, bathroom reno, kitchen stuff to finish, all the porches/decks need to be repainted/stained, my front deck has to be rebuilt after i dismantled it for a bad rim joist, my garage needs type-x on it to pass inspection...

Not nearly as bad as your list, but I was feeling like this a few weeks ago.-
- Noise in the rear end of my Ranger reserviced the gear oil and it still had a whine in it.
-No A/C and lots of interior panels just falling off in the Saturn
-A wing to fuselage seal on my jet at work that took multiple days to install ( very frustrating)
-A junk picked mower I successfully got running only to have part of the shaft the blade attaches to strip out
-Lots of parts to swap on FZR ( and figure out what I'm gonna do for lights on it)
- Routine maintenance on wife's KLX ( just oil, chain lube, easy stuff)
Overall I was feeling very defeated by things mechanical
Thankfully the V Max didn't give me any worries during that time.

One thing at a time brother,,,that's the only way to handle shit like that,,,and I have been there,,,lol

Index fingers in ears, "NANANANANANANANANA!!!!!"

Yours are all worse than mine for mechanical issues, thank God!

Sorry, posting while at work today resulted in double-posts.

Last edited:
Every vehicle I own is in need of serious repair
First Vmax: broken custom shaft/gear being repaired now for last 2 months
Wifes Van: needs inspection, brakes, rotors, suspension needs piece welded, strut tower caps need welded, various little shit
My Lincoln Mark VIII: battery, upper and lower ball joints
Problem is it seems every time I start to try to even put money aside for any of these something just pops up. Usually stupid shit like a $500 water bill!! WTF!! Seems I had a leak outside but on my property so MY problem according to water co. Then the usual week to week shit that kids spring on ya. I'm trying to do as much side work as I can but there's never enough time to get everything done with more and more piling up. OK. Rant over, back to work so to say..

An acquaintance of mine had a Lincoln Mark VII LSC which had a BMW turbo diesel in it, from the factory! A cool car. I think they only did that for two years. I always liked the Mark VII LSC, and recall riding in the Mark VIII of a LEO friend of mine w/whom I was in graduate school, it was brand-new & the interior smelled like an Italian luggage shop. Quite a nice ride, hope you get yours back together soon. The L-Mercury designer on that car said he was trying to get the front seats to resemble a jet fighter's.

Every vehicle I own is in need of serious repair
First Vmax: broken custom shaft/gear being repaired now for last 2 months
Wifes Van: needs inspection, brakes, rotors, suspension needs piece welded, strut tower caps need welded, various little shit
My Lincoln Mark VIII: battery, upper and lower ball joints
Problem is it seems every time I start to try to even put money aside for any of these something just pops up. Usually stupid shit like a $500 water bill!! WTF!! Seems I had a leak outside but on my property so MY problem according to water co. Then the usual week to week shit that kids spring on ya. I'm trying to do as much side work as I can but there's never enough time to get everything done with more and more piling up. OK. Rant over, back to work so to say..

An acquaintance of mine had a Lincoln Mark VII LSC which had a BMW turbo diesel in it, from the factory! A cool car. I think they only did that for two years. I always liked the Mark VII LSC, and recall riding in the Mark VIII of a LEO friend of mine w/whom I was in graduate school, it was brand-new & the interior smelled like an Italian luggage shop. Quite a nice ride, hope you get yours back together soon. The L-Mercury designer on that car said he was trying to get the front seats to resemble a jet fighter's.

I spent 8 months finding this LSC. I was looking for a specific model a 1995 ( first year of LSC) and had to be pearl white with dove grey interior. It's as dear to me as the Max.. maybe almost. But yes the interior is what sold me. I drove 900 miles to pick it up.

Here is my list of things to do, some have been put off for too long just because there were more interesting things to do.
Vmax - Install extended swing arm, underslug rear brake w/ line through swingarm, Carrozzerria wheels w/ Shinko radials, HID headlamp, Triumph style barend mirrors, and for the future...Koso Rx2n, water/oil pressure/ volts faux tank gauge, Jedi fork preload adjusters, Morley's 5 gal fuel tank and possibly a cc bump should funds allow.
GMC - oil change, tailgate pivot welded on, clean k&n filter, and a brake job before winter.
House - Finish deck railing, stain deck, pour concrete patio/ sidewalk, landscaping around house/ deck perimeter, couple trim pieces on doorway/ stairs and install more insulation in basement ceiling. Much more to do in the landscaping arena but that will be ongoing for the next few years.
Camper - A early 70's Hi-Lo camper trailer that needs a new roof/ ceiling and while at it change the floor plan a bit to remove shower/ toilet and add a larger bed.
M/C Trailer - Build work bench with storage for tools to travel with, find a spare wheel/ tire, install second chock(and support) & rest of tie down rails.
Garage - working on plans to build a 36x40 garage/ shop. Plans for a bike work area, bathroom, in-floor heating, cable tv/ wireless internet and lots of storge area. This site is the Vmaxforum of garages! http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/index.php

Last edited:
i hear ya man.

1989 hawk - stem bearings, wheel bearings, cush drive rubbers, fork seals, rear tire, chain, sprockets, pads, brake fluid flushed, need to insure/register it, general cleaning, radiator fan doesn't work

vmax - water pump is leaking oil from gasket, and coolant from drain hole

blazer - had to bring it to the shop. $2500 in repairs needed. the cat is shot, map sensor, intake gasket, shocks are shot, etc etc.. i don't have the tools or the time to do auto repairs.

not to mention all the crap at the house, bathroom reno, kitchen stuff to finish, all the porches/decks need to be repainted/stained, my front deck has to be rebuilt after i dismantled it for a bad rim joist, my garage needs type-x on it to pass inspection...

I got all loaded up for a ride to my Brothers Sat. While warming up I saw Anti-feeze was pissing out the warer pump weep hole. It had a little drip now and then, but gushing like Niagra falls now. Sucks. It should have been done sooner.
My old Jeep Grand Cherroke needs a timing chain set installed this week. Which, gives me nothing to drive unless the wife is home. Her Camry just got the belt tentioner and belt done. You have to jack the engine off the mounts to get one dam long bolt out (not anymore...lol). I need another bike for a back up.
Steve-o

To save miles on the '09 GMC President Obama gave me a nice downstroke on (I traded in another GMC under $$ for C.), I drive a '96 V6 3.0 L Camry w/the Lexus C.O.P. ignition engine, been in the family 14 years & has 288K miles on it. I am expecting to make it at least 400K miles before I sell it for $2000. The only defect it has is cosmetic, the dash is heat-cracked. (Anti-never-ending list post) :biglaugh:

It rains too-much in the summer here in FL to want to ride much. Ask Kyle or Patmax, or Dave (SpecOps13).

I got all loaded up for a ride to my Brothers Sat. While warming up I saw Anti-feeze was pissing out the warer pump weep hole. It had a little drip now and then, but gushing like Niagra falls now. Sucks. It should have been done sooner.
My old Jeep Grand Cherroke needs a timing chain set installed this week. Which, gives me nothing to drive unless the wife is home. Her Camry just got the belt tentioner and belt done. You have to jack the engine off the mounts to get one dam long bolt out (not anymore...lol). I need another bike for a back up.
Steve-o

i hear ya but it didn't help this week when they said hail in the weather report. not taking my bikes out for that!
And hail it did last night on the Cape. Lot's of bikes for sale at great prices. I saw the XJ700 being flipped on Craigs List. I just missed it at $1250. It doesn't look as appatizing at $1800 knowing I could have had it if I called the same day Dann-o told me about it. Next town over too
29.gif

And hail it did last night on the Cape. Lot's of bikes for sale at great prices. I saw the XJ700 being flipped on Craigs List. I just missed it at $1250. It doesn't look as appatizing at $1800 knowing I could have had it if I called the same day Dann-o told me about it. Next town over too
29.gif

u want a flipper or a project? wait 'til october or november

Made some progress.

Quad, tractor, and wifey's car are done.
Added another project in the yard but did it as well (small wood fence)
Picked up the max motor but haven't had time to deal with it this week.

Gained a CR80 rebuild today :bang head:

Yeah, if it would stop raining for more than a day in a row, I 'd try to tackle the bigger jobs on the "Rattlecan Special". It's sitting on the trailer in the driveway under the tarp since the day I brought it home. My two car garage has three more Vmax in it with two motors on dollys so I can trip on them more easily!
It rains so regularly, I can't get my grass cut before it gets six to eight inches which means you gotta cut it twice. Don't get me started on keeping up with the weeding! Plus the new kirchen sink, master bath remodel and the dog needs a bath! Uggh...

Back