The never ending list

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edema in left leg.
Crap job working for an asshole.
Recurring pain in left wrist due to carpal tunnel syndrome.
I'm old and fat.
Hair left back in 1970.
19 year old son! (to be fair - he's doing great in college!)

Shortly after my initial post, I started on the list and made some progress.

Got the quad done.
Got the tractor done.
Got the wifes car situation straight
TTR125 done
KXF 100 done
Did some house projects that weren't on the list. Then my back started killing me for almost 2 weeks.

Feeling better now though. Got started on the CR5. New wheel bearings front and rear. New to me tires, one tube, working on redoing the clutch which includes billet basket, basket cushions, cable, perch/lever. Then I gotta do chain and sprockets. This thing has been denied maintenance for years. I'm going to hold off on the steering stem bearings and rings till winter.

Got the vmax motor in. Got the auxillary sensors wired in for my gauge. Waiting on the swingarm.

Then my father in law drops off my cousins CR80. I took a look and it needs a total rebuild. Piston, rings, crank, rod, main bearings, seals. Need to go into the clutch and check the kickstart gear. Its got a nikasil coated cylinder. It squeaked the piston. It doesn't look too bad. If new coating is required I figure it'll cost $200 on top of the $300 to do the rest. Not sure if they are going to want to spend that or not.

are you the local mechanic?

Na. I don't know nearly enough to call myself a mechanic. I like to fiddle around in the garage with stuff. Just seems like everything is breaking at the same time this year.

No one in my wifes side of the family has the ability to change their own oil. But, they help me out in a lot of other ways so, I help them out by fixing their broken junk. I figure it all evens out in the end. Gotta do what you can to help each other out 'ya know?

i hear ya. you must be quite competent if people keep bringing u their stuff tho!

Back